'The LEGO Batman Movie' Announced for Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-13-2017, 01:31 PM

Default 'The LEGO Batman Movie' Announced for Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4396...tmanmovie.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4437...anmovie3d.html
http://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/438...tmanmovie.html
Old 04-13-2017, 02:00 PM

Loved this flick but UGH... this is where I REALLY wish the 4k set was coming with 3-D, I missed the 3-D in theaters and really wanted to get a look at it that way.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
Loved this flick but UGH... this is where I REALLY wish the 4k set was coming with 3-D, I missed the 3-D in theaters and really wanted to get a look at it that way.
I don't understand movie studios. This nonsense happened with blu ray.

If a movie is 3D then the blu ray should have 3D, non-3D, and digital code - PERIOD.

For 4K it should be all of the above plus the 4K disc. Raise the damn price if you must but that's the way it should be IMO.

It just causes too much confusion otherwise.

Or I guess offer barebones blu ray in one package and the all of the above in another package and that's it.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:10 PM
Administrator

I agree: Special Editions should include everything. Also, I personally think the studios really dropped the ball with physical media pricing.

Example: I buy a new computer or TV every 3-4 years... And, while I spend roughly the same amount (sometimes less) each time, it's a MUCH more powerful device.

Yet Ultra HD Blu-rays cost $5-$10 more than Blu-rays while Ultra HD streaming titles cost the same price as the physical media packaging which includes a UHD and BD.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:28 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Yet Ultra HD Blu-rays cost $5-$10 more than Blu-rays while Ultra HD streaming titles cost the same price as the physical media packaging which includes a UHD and BD.
Problem is that we've never seen regular dvd priced out of the market. What needed to happen with regular BD is it priced so close (or less) than dvd price that eventually dvd goes away.
So naturally UHD BD would then take place of BD pricing, which, should be where current BD+Dvd combo packs sit.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
I agree: Special Editions should include everything. Also, I personally think the studios really dropped the ball with physical media pricing.

Example: I buy a new computer or TV every 3-4 years... And, while I spend roughly the same amount (sometimes less) each time, it's a MUCH more powerful device.

Yes pricing has been stupid for quite some time. It's similar to ebooks.