Attebery is offline Member

Default 'No Retreat, No Surrender' - High-Def Digest Review

Matthew has reviewed 'No Retreat, No Surrender'. Here's what he thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3519...surrender.html
    Check out my author website and
    get a free copy of BRICK RANSOM!
    www.mikeattebery.com

Boston007 is online now Member

I LOVED this movie as a kid!!! I want this but looks like the transfer isn't that good *sigh*
    May wait for a price drop

Matt, excellent review on discussing martial arts action films and the 80s!

EDIT: I just bought it. Couldn't resist!

mattedscreen is offline HDD Reviewer / Movie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    I LOVED this movie as a kid!!! I want this but looks like the transfer isn't that good *sigh*
    May wait for a price drop

Matt, excellent review on discussing martial arts action films and the 80s!

EDIT: I just bought it. Couldn't resist!
    Good for you! As rough as the transfer is, it's still WAY better than I was expecting. The fight sequences look the best - it's clear that's where they spent the bulk of the $$$
    Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!

Quote Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
    Good for you! As rough as the transfer is, it's still WAY better than I was expecting. The fight sequences look the best - it's clear that's where they spent the bulk of the $$$
    Yah I loved the fight sequences when I watched it. Can't wait to see this again

Vidfreek is offline Member

YES! Finally the US theatrical cut is here in some better form, I grew up watching this, A LOT....I loved the final battle and the music was awesome, all of that music is missing from the international cut, added footage is stupid, like the really overly homosexual lifts he's doing with his buddy sitting on his crotch, lol. Typical 80s stuff but I never saw the movie like that as a kid and I've wanted the US theatrical cut for ages now, might have to get this!

Now if someone can release No Retreat No Surrender 2 that would be awesome too
    Last edited by Vidfreek; 03-09-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
    YES! Finally the US theatrical cut is here in some better form, I grew up watching this, A LOT....I loved the final battle and the music was awesome, all of that music is missing from the international cut, added footage is stupid, like the really overly homosexual lifts he's doing with his buddy sitting on his crotch, lol. Typical 80s stuff but I never saw the movie like that as a kid and I've wanted the US theatrical cut for ages now, might have to get this!
    It's still pretty rough looking but it's a lot better than an DVD I ever saw of it.

Vidfreek is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
    It's still pretty rough looking but it's a lot better than an DVD I ever saw of it.
    Yeah, I found a copy of the international version a while back but could never find a cleaned up version of the US one and it was pretty lost out there trying to find it to watch again, so really glad someone finally got the rights to put it out even though its a crappy version it will still be what I remember as a kid, NOT the international version

Yeah, Kino has been absolutely KILLING it with their Domestic and International release editions, One Million Years B.C., this one, and just today they announced a HUGE special edition of 'The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly' with both versions, restored 4k picture, restored mono tracks - it's gonna be a beast!

Good thing I stumbled onto this review, I was about to buy the international release. I also picked up A*P*E 3D. Kino is putting out some good stuff, on bluray.

Watched this blu ray last Friday. OH my. 80s cheese doesn't do it justice LOL

For some reason my memory of this is QUITE different from when I re-watched it. I guess that happens a lot with movies we've seen when we were young and years later.

Regardless, this was some good nostalgia.