Logan is now up for Pre-order - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-06-2017, 09:03 PM

Default Logan is now up for Pre-order

There is no release date or full specs yet, but expect a summer release.

Blu-ray:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/44713/logan.html

Target Exclusive:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4471...exclusive.html

UHD 4k:
http://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/44717/logan.html
Old 03-08-2017, 07:01 PM

Apparently there is going to be a Black and White version of 'Logan,' similar to the Black and Chrome release of 'Fury Road.' Fingers crossed it's in the same initial release without the double triple dip nonsense.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
Apparently there is going to be a Black and White version of 'Logan,' similar to the Black and Chrome release of 'Fury Road.' Fingers crossed it's in the same initial release without the double triple dip nonsense.
Don't matter to me, Black and White will take away from the visuals of this thing, the blood and gore will certainly have much less impact, Fury Road was too awesome in color to bother with B/W IMO, no way I would ruin Logan by watching it that way
Old 03-09-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
Don't matter to me, Black and White will take away from the visuals of this thing, the blood and gore will certainly have much less impact, Fury Road was too awesome in color to bother with B/W IMO, no way I would ruin Logan by watching it that way
I'm curious to see what they do with it, all of their promo set pics and what not were all posted in Black and White so it sounds like they kinda had that in mind from the get-go rather than it being some sort of arbitrary "oh by the way we're going to copy Mad Max because that was cool" sort of thing.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
That doesn't make any sense...but ok.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:08 PM

That was a great movie, but phew... it is bloody.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
That doesn't make any sense...but ok.
Doesn't make any sense? How So? Having enjoyed the visuals, the cinematography, the colors and everything else about the film, especially the blood and gore, why would I want all of that taken away with the black and white version? THAT is what makes no sense to me, we don't live in a time where Black and White really brings anything except some artistic merit for someone who just really wants to film in Black and White, movies were black and white because they couldn't film movies any other way at the time, something like Wizard of Oz is still amazing today because of its change to color, at the time it would have been amazing to see for the first viewing

Even today, Mad Max got that Black and White edition and to me, there is zero point in doing so, the visuals made that movie, the landscapes, the use of color, all of that is completely missing in black and white.....so yeah to me, it makes perfect sense

I'm not a fan of black and white unless it was originally filmed that way and most of the time its movies that HAD to be filmed that way, unless you get something like the Artist, but that's more of a throw back to movies of that time period, which fits for it, watching say, Stephen King's The Mist in black and white over color, does nothing for the movie overall
Old 04-12-2017, 04:58 PM

Default LOGAN Release Date Update (According to Amazon)

Apparently the Blu-ray and 4k UHD releases are due out May 23, however, Target's Exclusive (Full details unknown) and the Best Buy Steelbook exclusives do not indicate a release date as of yet, so hopefully that May 23 release date is firm. Also full and final specs are not yet known and no word if these releases will include that rumored Black and White version.

At any rate, no time like the present to get those pre-orders in!

Blu-ray:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...nandscathed-20

4k UHD:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...nandscathed-20
Old 04-12-2017, 05:15 PM

I need STEELbook hehehe

Pre-ordered the Best Buy 4K steelbook