Attebery is offline Member

Default 'Nocturnal Animals' - High-Def Digest Review

David Krauss has reviewed 'Nocturnal Animals'. He highly recommends it. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4343...alanimals.html
    Check out my author website and
    get a free copy of BRICK RANSOM!
    www.mikeattebery.com

Rich86 is online now Member

$16.96 @ Fry's today + tomorrow if you have the promo code . . .
    Sony BDP-S1000ES + Toshiba HD-A35
    Sony 1080p LED/LCD + Yamaha RX-V3900 + M&K Speakers & Subs

chazr is offline Member

Not meant as a slam but just need to point out what I thought was a brilliant item missed by the reviewer:
    The character in the novel is Not played by Amy Adams but by the oft mistaken doppelganger Isla Fisher! My wife pointed it out to me and I verified at IMDB. Pretty interesting to have them both in the same movie...

Boston007 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
    $16.96 @ Fry's today + tomorrow if you have the promo code . . .
    What's the promo code?

Bolo is offline Member

This movie really stayed with me. It was very intense. It was probably too dark, ugly, and brutal for critics and audiences to get behind it in a big way right now. People generally want at least some sort of silver lining in their stories, and this film has one of the blackest hearts I've seen in a movie. But it masterfully executes everything it sets out to do. I really liked 'A Single Man' and I look forward to anything Tom Ford wants to make in the future. I would have a hard time sitting down to watch this one again because of how harsh it is. But maybe someday I'll feel the urge to revisit it.

dbacksfan is offline HDD Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by chazr View Post
    Not meant as a slam but just need to point out what I thought was a brilliant item missed by the reviewer:
    The character in the novel is Not played by Amy Adams but by the oft mistaken doppelganger Isla Fisher! My wife pointed it out to me and I verified at IMDB. Pretty interesting to have them both in the same movie...
    I do mention Fisher in the review as playing the wife in the novel. Where I might not have been clear is when I wrote that Gyllenhaal and Adams both play dual roles. What I meant by that where Adams is concerned is that the younger version of herself is so different from her present day character, it seems like she's portraying an entirely different person. So she didn't literally play two roles, but it felt to me like a dual role....if that makes sense. 😄 The resemblance between Fisher and Adams is indeed striking - and I appreciate you pointing that out. Ford was lucky to get Fisher, as no other actress I can think of would evoke Adams as well.