Attebery is offline Member

Default 'The Passion of the Christ' - High-Def Digest Review

E has revisited 'The Passion of the Christ'.

Full review here:
    http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4346...onchrist2.html

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

E, reading the review I see nowhere that new for this edition is an English dub. The review mentions "identical audio and video presentation." So the previous release had it in English as well?
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

RobG is online now Member

An English dubbed version? If I can't stand watching Godzilla with an English dub then I'm not watching going to watch a film about our Lord and Savior with an English dub.
    Rob

Panasonic 58" V10
    Toshiba XA2
    OPPO UPD-203
    DVD - 489

Vidfreek is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    E, reading the review I see nowhere that new for this edition is an English dub. The review mentions "identical audio and video presentation." So the previous release had it in English as well?
    Huh? I dont think this ever had an English dub did it? Theatrical release was all subtitles since they were trying to talk as authentically as they could for the time period, I've never seen or heard of an English dubbed version of this one

Bolo is online now Member

Not to knit-pick, but Mel Gibson is not "Australian-born". He did live there for most of his upbringing though. I consider him an Aussie celeb. Same with Nicole Kidman who was also American-born, but I consider her an Aussie celeb too for what it's worth.

eNoize is offline The Professor

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    You are right. I forgot to mention the only new addition to this release is an English and Spanish dub option. I will correct that later.

And Bolo, you're also correct. I'm just so use to thinking of him, and Nicole Kidman, as Australians that I really didn't think twice while typing.
    M. Enois Duarte
    High-Def Digest Contributor
    Hi-Def Collection
    Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
    we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael

ShannonNutt is offline HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    Not to knit-pick, but Mel Gibson is not "Australian-born". He did live there for most of his upbringing though. I consider him an Aussie celeb. Same with Nicole Kidman who was also American-born, but I consider her an Aussie celeb too for what it's worth.
    Kidman's technically an Aussie. Her parents were both Australians and in Hawaii on visas when she was born. Gibson, on the other hand, was born in the States and lived here until he was 12.
    "I'm trying Ringo...I"m trying real hard to be the shepherd."

Bolo is online now Member

I guess I would use the suffix "born" to indicate the place of one's birth, not the citizenship they have had since birth. But I understand that in the legal sense of the term, someone can be born an Australian citizen even if they aren't born in Australia.