What is meant by chemtrails? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-14-2017, 01:03 PM

Default What is meant by chemtrails?

Someone posted a comment about the new One Million Years B.C. Blu-ray on amazon.uk and said this below, but what does it mean?

"

I was quite disturbed that 'chemtrails' had been digitally added to this release.

This is something that is getting more and more prevalent of late where 'chemtrails' are added to old movies and TV Shows that have been digitally restored and cleaned up for Blu-Ray.

I checked afterwards on my DVD release of the movie and the 'chemtrails' were not there.

"
Old 02-14-2017, 06:56 PM
Administrator

I can't comment specifically on this Blu-ray transfer versus its DVD iteration(s), but Chemtrails generally refer to an insane conspiracy theory that jetliner condensation trails are actually proof of high-flying aircraft spraying chemicals (or engaging in biological warefare) on poor unsupecting civilizations. More HERE at Wikipedia.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
I can't comment specifically on this Blu-ray transfer versus its DVD iteration(s), but Chemtrails generally refer to an insane conspiracy theory that jetliner condensation trails are actually proof of high-flying aircraft spraying chemicals (or engaging in biological warefare) on poor unsupecting civilizations. More HERE at Wikipedia.
Yeah, and even as far as idiotic conspiracy theories go, this one has nothing to do with DVDs or Blu-rays. I suspect that the person who wrote that either:

1) Is incredibly stupid/gullible/possibly mentally ill, or some combination of all three.

or

2) Is misusing the word "chemtrail" when they actually mean "watermark," which is a completely different and unrelated thing. Unless the UK disc is different from the American version, I doubt it has watermarks either. This could then tie back to Point #1.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Yeah, and even as far as idiotic conspiracy theories go, this one has nothing to do with DVDs or Blu-rays. I suspect that the person who wrote that either:

1) Is incredibly stupid/gullible/possibly mentally ill, or some combination of all three.

or

2) Is misusing the word "chemtrail" when they actually mean "watermark," which is a completely different and unrelated thing. Unless the UK disc is different from the American version, I doubt it has watermarks either. This could then tie back to Point #1.
That would be much more logical; studios do add digital watermarket at times.