Species: Collector's Edition - HDD Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-08-2017, 12:10 PM

Default Species: Collector's Edition - HDD Review

Matthew has reviewed and recommended the new Species: Collector's Edition Blu-ray from Shout! Factory. Check it out!

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4374...rsedition.html
Old 02-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

For the most part I love what Scream Factory is doing. If even just to change the color timing a bit, their releases are usually top notch.
I like this movie, but how many dips does this make now?
Old 02-08-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
For the most part I love what Scream Factory is doing. If even just to change the color timing a bit, their releases are usually top notch.
I like this movie, but how many dips does this make now?
Dont think many, was this ever done past a generic release a while back? I dont think it was, no one has done any kind of special edition with this one, last Bluray release was 2006 and it wasnt good at all
Old 02-08-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
Dont think many, was this ever done past a generic release a while back? I dont think it was, no one has done any kind of special edition with this one, last Bluray release was 2006 and it wasnt good at all
The 2006 blu-ray isn't bad; I found it to be adequate. OK PQ and AQ, a couple commentaries and featurettes. Not going to complain too much about it since I got my copy for under $7. It's cool that Scream Factory's gonna do a release for it, but it definitely won't be worth their $30+ price tag. I really wish they'd focus on films that haven't gotten the blu-ray treatment yet....
Old 02-09-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
The 2006 blu-ray isn't bad; I found it to be adequate. OK PQ and AQ, a couple commentaries and featurettes. Not going to complain too much about it since I got my copy for under $7. It's cool that Scream Factory's gonna do a release for it, but it definitely won't be worth their $30+ price tag. I really wish they'd focus on films that haven't gotten the blu-ray treatment yet....
Well thats why Vestron/Lionsgate are at the top of the pack right now IMO, nothing against Scream Factory's releases but Vestron is bringing pretty much every title that hasnt had a Bluray release so far, lots of dormant genre films that people have been missing in their collection. Scream has definitely been redoing a bunch of films that have had decent Bluray titles or they are bringing ones like Robocop 3 which pretty much no one wants.

Species is one I never bought because the Bluray really wasnt that great and at the time I just never bothered, and I completely forgot about it
Old 02-09-2017, 11:01 AM

I remember this being mildly entertaining in its day. I might have seen the first sequel, but definitely none of the ones since that. I definitely wouldn't pay $30 to revisit it.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
Well thats why Vestron/Lionsgate are at the top of the pack right now IMO....
Would love to get a few of those Vestron blu-ray releases, but here in Canada (on Amazon.ca at least), they're ridiculously overpriced. At this moment, Chopping Mall is $54 directly from Amazon and $40+ from third party sellers. Waaaaaay too much for me.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Would love to get a few of those Vestron blu-ray releases, but here in Canada (on Amazon.ca at least), they're ridiculously overpriced. At this moment, Chopping Mall is $54 directly from Amazon and $40+ from third party sellers. Waaaaaay too much for me.
Uh thats ridiculous, shame things cant be close the same prices everywhere
Old 07-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Administrator

UPDATED THREAD to feature Matthew's review

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4374...rsedition.html
Old 07-07-2017, 03:08 PM

This movie was way way way better than Prometheus.