Hillsong: Let Hope Rise Blu-ray/DVD combo pack (released on December 20th 2016) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Banned

Default Hillsong: Let Hope Rise Blu-ray/DVD combo pack (released on December 20th 2016)

On December 20th 2016, Hillsong: Let Hope Rise the movie was released on the Blu-ray format (Blu-ray/DVD combo pack). This movie was made by Pure Flix Entertainment, and with their business relationship with Universal Studios it received a Blu-ray release in the United States (North America).

This Hillsong: Let Hope Rise the movie Blu-ray/DVD combo pack currently has a list price of $29.98. However since its been around a month and a half since the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack has been released, one can purchase the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack for only around $16.96 from Amazon.

The Hillsong: Let Hope Rise original motion picture soundtrack was released on audio CD in 2 channel PCM. I listened to the audio CD and I enjoyed the Christian praise and worship music.

Let Hope Rise, Blu-Ray/DVD Combo

Let Hope Rise (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Old 02-08-2017, 02:30 AM
Banned

(Brief user review)

Hillsong Let Hope Rise the movie is a 100% true story. This is a Christian movie documentary by Pure Flix Entertainment and this movie was released on the Blu-ray format by Universal Studios per their business relationship with Pure Flix Entertainment. What is disappointing is that this movie documentary had an estimated budget of $10 million dollars but ended up losing several millions of dollars since box office sells were only a little over $2.6 million dollars. Just like secular movies sometimes lose several millions of dollars, the same thing can happen to Christian movies.

This documentary is about the life of the Christian band called Hillsong United and their families (plus also some information about some of the Hillsong fans around the world). The Hillsong United is a worship band that originated as part of the Hillsong church. Hillsong church is a large Pentecostal church located in Sydney, New South Wales Australia, which was founded in 1983. The Hillsong United Band was formed in 1998 within the youth ministry of the Hillsong church.

For almost two decades, this Australian based band has performed around the world with the message that Jesus Christ loves people and came to save them from their sins. Over the years after people felt the presence of the Holy Spirit of God during the Hillsong praise and worship concerts, many people have literally repented of their sins and sinful lifestyles and accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. The Hillsong band and Hillsong church is Pentecostal, and Pentecostals are known for being the best or one of the best Christian denominations when it comes to Praise and Worship. The most important thing about a church is to make sure the churches doctrine is based on the inspired word of God located in the scriptures (The Bible is the final authority when it comes to what is morally right and wrong). Many Christians believe the worship service and how the church worships Jesus Christ is the second most important thing regarding a church. There are some churches that have entire special church services where the entire service or most of the service is dedicated to Praise and Worship of the risen Christ. Pentecostals and Charismatics are known for scripturally based styles of worship where one raises their hands while sometimes also kneeling and singing to the Lord (Dancing before the Lord is also Biblically based and part of Pentecostal traditions as a form of worship).

Many different Christian denominations around the world have fallen in love with this Pentecostal style of worship. The Hillsong praise and worship songs are so popular that more than 50 million Christians worldwide sing the songs every Sunday.

Blu-ray and DVD optical disc comments

The Blu-ray format is slightly over 10 years old, and some secular and Christian studios are still releasing movies on Blu-ray/DVD combo packs. The purpose of a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack is that it allows families to play the lower quality 480i DVD version of the movie in every room, since some families have not upgraded all their DVD players to Blu-ray players yet. For those families that have 100% Blu-ray players there is no reason to even use the 480i DVD disc, since the exact same movie with all the bonus features also exists on the 1080P Blu-ray disc. This Hillsong 480i dual layer DVD disc uses 7.41GB of space out of 8.5GB. This Hillsong dual layer Blu-ray disc uses 44.2GB of space out of 50GB.

Video quality

The video quality for this Pure Flix Entertainment/Universal Studios release was outstanding. The average MPEG-4/AVC bit rate appeared to be around 36Mbps. Many scenes peaked up into the high 37Mbps range for MPEG-4/AVC bit rates. This is a standard 1080P release (a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray would have been ideal). This Hillsong documentary movie used a 4K Sony RAW format. When this native 1080P Blu-ray was played on my OPPO UDP-203 and connected to the Pioneer PRO-101FD, the picture quality looked beautiful. This movie is also encoded with English SDH and Spanish subtitles.

Audio quality

This Hillsong documentary with live concert footage, has a reference quality studio master 5.1 DTS-HD Master audio soundtrack that is bit for bit exactly the same as the 5.1 PCM studio master. Nice clear voices coming out of the center channel with an excellent surround sound mix with some subwoofer activity. With the two surround speakers one can hear the audience at times, while the front speakers produce a nice praise and worship Christian concert experience. For the visually impaired, there is also a nice English 2.0 Dolby Digital 192Kbps descriptive audio track.

Bonus Features

The bonus features were enjoyable to watch. The main menu and 100% of the bonus features use the MPEG-4/AVC codec at 1080P resolution. However what is disappointing is that none of the bonus features are encoded with lossless audio, which would have been ideal for a music based documentary movie. Performing “CAPTAIN” is 5 minutes and 28 seconds long (5.1 Dolby Digital 640kbps). Performing “SCANDAL OF GRACE” is 3 minutes and 54 seconds long (5.1 Dolby Digital 640kbps). Performing “THE STAND” is 6 minutes and 48 seconds long (5.1 Dolby Digital 640kbps). Performing “WAKE” is 3 minutes and 13 seconds long (5.1 Dolby Digital 640kbps). Behind The Scenes LA Record is 8 minutes and 6 seconds long (2.0 Dolby Digital 192kbps). Behind the scenes San Clemente Writing is 10 minutes and 43 seconds long (2.0 Dolby Digital 192kbps). The church behind the movie is 29 minutes and 2 seconds long (2.0 Dolby Digital 192kbps).

Conclusion

This Hillsong Let Hope Rise The movie is an ideal movie for all Christians that like Praise and Worship music. This movie is much more than a music video concert, one gets to learn about the life stories of the Hillsong band and some of their fans. This Biblically based Pentecostal style of worship is so popular that over 50 million Christians from several different denominations sing the songs every Sunday as they worship their Lord and Savior. Both the video and audio quality is reference quality. Most Christians are use to listening to Hillsong’s music on CD with a stereo mix, now one can experience key Hillsong concerts with reference 5.1 lossless audio sound quality that goes beyond the CD experience if one has 5.1 surround sound in their home. The high bit rate 1080P MPEG-4/AVC bit rate was excellent also. The bonus features was very interesting. This movie documentary is high recommended for all Christians that like Praise and worship music.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 02-08-2017 at 02:56 AM.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:30 AM
Banned

This high budget Christian documentary movie is the only Hillsong Blu-ray released in the United States (at least so far).Within the last 48 hours I just realized that there is 9 other Hillsong Blu-rays on the market, but they have been released in Australia and/or Europe(they might be region free or region B locked). This is disappointing that none of these 9 Blu-ray music video concerts from Hillsong were released in the United States. I located the Blu-ray’s on the Amazon United Kingdom website. If I get a chance I will test these international Blu-rays from Europe on a region A locked Blu-ray player. I do not want to spend the money to hack my Blu-ray player so I can play any Blu-ray release from anywhere in the world. There is plenty of region A locked and region free Christian Blu-ray’s and secular Blu-ray's on the market that will play in a north American region A locked Blu-ray player.