'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Series' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-07-2017, 02:54 PM

Default 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Series' - High-Def Digest Review

We've just reviewed 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Series'. This is highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4149...complete2.html
Old 02-07-2017, 03:48 PM

Tempting. There are two seasons I am missing, and this is my favorite Star Trek Series. I may just have to bend and pick this up
Old 02-07-2017, 04:48 PM

how does this set compare to the UK set?

The UK set is region free compared to the Region A locked but is there anything else?

Last edited by punisher; 02-07-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
how does this set compare to the UK set?

The UK set is region free compared to the Region A locked but is there anything else?
In this modern age I am wondering why the studios are even bothering with region locks.
I would expect this to be the same master as far as how it compares to the UK set.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:20 PM

having second thoughts in buying
Old 02-08-2017, 12:10 AM

Rad - I've been meaning to buy the separate seasons, but now I won't need to. That really is a great price for the complete series. This is one of my favorite Trek shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodehead View Post
having second thoughts in buying
Please keep us updated daily.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:12 PM

I thought the last two seasons were great! The season-long arc for season 3 reminded me of Deep Space Nine and I really enjoyed the happy medium of season 4 where you had 2-3 episode arcs that let the stories develop better than they would in a single episode but since the entire season wasn't tied to a single overarcing story, they were still able to tackle a variety of different story within the season...The series finale was pretty bad, though.

It's kind of sad that this series is so looked down on in most circles, especially since many Star Trek series take 2-3 seasons to really find themselves. TNG started off good but it hit it's stride with season 3, same with DS9, and Enterprise was following a similar trend.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:10 PM

I have only have season one of Enterprise. So I went ahead and bought this, I was looking at tracking down all the other seasons but this set is cheaper.

Also, bought the DS9 dvd set, since I sold the old set in anticipation of a blu-ray relase. We see how well that went.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themisfit138 View Post
Also, bought the DS9 dvd set, since I sold the old set in anticipation of a blu-ray relase. We see how well that went.
I don't have DS9 at all, but I was half expecting them to do that next. I mean, it's certainly more popular than Enterprise (though more dated, so additional work would be needed to transfer it), and around as popular as TNG.

I'll probably grab it on DVD at some point, as like you I've given up on them ever releasing it on BD (let alone Voyager).
Old 02-09-2017, 07:58 AM

DS9 should have been the next set. It's the best written of all the series IMO. It has an amazing story arc.