Grimm: The Complete Collection Coming Soon - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-03-2017, 11:30 AM
mattedscreen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,938
Default Grimm: The Complete Collection Coming Soon

Pre-orders are live:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4355...ollection.html
__________________
Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-04-2017, 12:52 AM
Dr Kain's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,890
Default

This is the NBC show right? Not the ABC one? If so, pass. I would have watched it had NBC not canceled Constantine.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-04-2017, 09:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
This is the NBC show right? Not the ABC one? If so, pass. I would have watched it had NBC not canceled Constantine.
Huh? Grimm was on and running well before Constantine came about.....and why would you skip a good show just because another didnt get the ratings needed to stay going?

I loved Constantine but not enough people cared obviously or NBC wouldnt have cancelled it, Grimm has 5 or 6 seasons and its pretty obvious that more people like and watch that show
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-05-2017, 10:34 AM
Dr Kain's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
Huh? Grimm was on and running well before Constantine came about.....and why would you skip a good show just because another didnt get the ratings needed to stay going?
Because I never watched Grimm. I decided that the only way I would bother giving Grimm a shot is if they renewed Constantine for a second season. They didn't, so I will never touch another NBC show ever again.

Quote:
I loved Constantine but not enough people cared obviously or NBC wouldnt have cancelled it, Grimm has 5 or 6 seasons and its pretty obvious that more people like and watch that show
NBC never even gave Constantine a chance though. They were ready to cancel the show after 3 episodes. They even put it on a several month break before even finishing the season, showing how little they even cared about it.

Thus, I will never touch another NBC show again.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:11 PM
Krawk's Avatar
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
so I will never touch another NBC show ever again.
Unfortunately this is not just an NBC issue. Many of the old shows we love would never survive under today's scrutiny. It's pretty sad. If I made a show and was disappointed because each episode made only a 1.2 Million dollar profit and I was expecting a 1.3 Million dollar profit, I cancel it. That's not right but that's how it works.
__________________
Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-06-2017, 10:19 AM
Dr Kain's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,890
Default

Flash, Better Call Saul, iZombie, and Doctor Who don't have this problem.

Hell, even shows like Gotham, The Walking Dead, and Supernatural, which should have been canceled years ago, don't seem to have an issue staying on the air, and one of those is from Fox, the guys who cancel shows by spinning a wheel.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Flash, Better Call Saul, iZombie, and Doctor Who don't have this problem.

Hell, even shows like Gotham, The Walking Dead, and Supernatural, which should have been canceled years ago, don't seem to have an issue staying on the air, and one of those is from Fox, the guys who cancel shows by spinning a wheel.
Okay, so you are listing a ton of shows that have big numbers, of course they arent going to cancel them, your argument about Constantine makes no sense, if it did, you wouldnt be watching TV at all because every station has cancelled shows like this. Flash does great for the CW, so does iZombie, Doctor Who has been great every year since it returned in 2005 (I think it was), Gotham still pulls good numbers, Walking Dead is still the most watched show on TV even after losing viewers this season, Supernatural is also pulling in the fans and its another CW show, CW's success doesnt need huge numbers, but Supernatural has a huge cult following and the CW makes a lot of cash selling their shows to places like Netflix

Constantine had poor numbers right off the gate and for a Network like NBC, thats all that matters to them, they are a public station pretty much and arent like an AMC or FX, plus it was a Genre show and on a channel like NBC, I knew it wouldnt make it.

Take a show like Firefly or Futurama or Family Guy, all cancelled and the latter two were eventually brought back, look at Fox's Almost Human, I loved that show, had Karl Urban in it and FOX couldnt even put the show on in the order the episodes were supposed to be, shades of their crappy running of Firefly. Out of order episodes and no love from the getgo, people couldnt even get on board right because things didnt even make sense from week to week sometimes, then it was moved around for runtime, changed to multiple nights and then just got canned, but that doesnt stop me from watching other excellent FOX shows like the Exorcist
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-07-2017, 12:58 AM
Dr Kain's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,890
Default

The Exorcist sucks as much as the movies.

However, my point about Gotham was that it is Fox. Then again, they only cancel the good shows, not the bad ones, which explains Gotham, Exorcist, Scream Queens, and Zorn.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
The Exorcist sucks as much as the movies.

However, my point about Gotham was that it is Fox. Then again, they only cancel the good shows, not the bad ones, which explains Gotham, Exorcist, Scream Queens, and Zorn.
You may find them personally sucky, but I loved The Exorcist and with a direct tie in to the original movie, it made the show even better, Scream Queens is another that became pretty popular and Gotham too, they pull good numbers and are still watched but quite a lot of people, your personal opinion doesnt matter if enough people are watching them to keep them on the air
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Grimm: Season Two' is coming September 17 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 10-18-2012 02:21 PM
'Grimm: Season One' is coming August 7 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 05-24-2012 11:56 AM
'Needless: Complete Collection' & 'Clannad: After Story Complete Collection' in July Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 04-21-2012 12:49 PM
'Samurai Girls: Complete Collection' & 'Night Raid 1931: Complete Collection' in Aug. Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 05-15-2011 04:12 PM
WTB: Brothers Grimm (Japan) + Blade Runner 5 Disc (Complete or case only) Jester217300 HD DVD Disc Exchange 0 10-02-2009 02:07 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off