'Wishmaster Collection' is coming March 28 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-03-2017, 02:47 AM
Staff

Default 'Wishmaster Collection' is coming March 28

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4352...ollection.html
Old 02-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

These Vestron Classics are killing me - I want to purchase them but that price tag. OUCH.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
These Vestron Classics are killing me - I want to purchase them but that price tag. OUCH.
Yep, it gets expensive, isnt any different than Scream Factory, I waited quite a while and end up getting a lot over Halloween during their sale, I have 4 Vestron titles so far but its getting hard to keep buying more, I definitely want this set but only for the first film and its damn shame I have to buy the whole thing to get it, the rest are bad
Old 02-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
Yep, it gets expensive, isnt any different than Scream Factory, I waited quite a while and end up getting a lot over Halloween during their sale,
I have never seen the Vestron titles drop any in price really. Scream Factory does quite regularly.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:11 AM

$40? I'd be hard pressed to drop $14.99 on this set. The first was shit to begin with, 2 was actually more fun. Didn't realize there was a 4th, vaguely recall hearing there was a third.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
$40? I'd be hard pressed to drop $14.99 on this set. The first was shit to begin with, 2 was actually more fun. Didn't realize there was a 4th, vaguely recall hearing there was a third.
What?? Wishmaster 2 was more fun than the first? Uh, Wishmaster is a classic IMO, first movie to bring some of the biggest names in Horror together in one movie, Robert Englund, Kane Hodder and Tony Todd, the gore FX were awesome and it was excellent horror cheese, the 2nd one was just plain bad all around, the acting got worse, they lost the budget for decent gore FX and the story was a joke, 3 and 4 just go even more stupid. I've been waiting for a good transfer of the original Wishmaster for years now, just wish I didnt have to get the others
Old 02-06-2017, 02:15 PM

I saw Wishmaster in theaters(me and 3 others in the cinema). I was young and didn't know the "produced by" trick. I went in expecting Wes Craven quality and got Roger Corman with a hangover. I recall the book mic appearing in a shot or two, horrid acting and worse pacing.. maybe I should try again I dunno lol.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
What?? Wishmaster 2 was more fun than the first? Uh, Wishmaster is a classic IMO, first movie to bring some of the biggest names in Horror together in one movie, Robert Englund, Kane Hodder and Tony Todd, the gore FX were awesome and it was excellent horror cheese, the 2nd one was just plain bad all around, the acting got worse, they lost the budget for decent gore FX and the story was a joke, 3 and 4 just go even more stupid. I've been waiting for a good transfer of the original Wishmaster for years now, just wish I didnt have to get the others
The gore effects were awesome because if was directed by Robert Kurtzman from KNB effects, the special effects company that worked on Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness
Old 02-08-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkash View Post
The gore effects were awesome because if was directed by Robert Kurtzman from KNB effects, the special effects company that worked on Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness
Oh trust me, I know all about KNB Its why the Walking Dead is so amazing, shame Kurtzman left the crew, I met Nicotero a number of years ago at a convention, super awesome dude