Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Attebery is offline Member

Default 'Pinocchio: The Signature Collection' - High-Def Digest Review

We've just reviewed 'Pinocchio: The Signature Collection'. Here's what we thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4116...hio1940sc.html

Bubdylan is offline Member

Thank you for the review. I've mostly overlooked this film, but I've been looking forward to this release ever since a very soulful friend of mine told me it's his favorite Disney. I'm excited to learn that it's a great transfer and also to read a review that resonates with my buddy's reasons for loving it.

Bill is offline Member

Amazon pre-order is not available for this Pinocchio release - just the sign-up list. Ditto for Moana.

Is Amazon in another fight with Disney and blocking pre-orders again?

Boston007 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Amazon pre-order is not available for this Pinocchio release - just the sign-up list. Ditto for Moana.

Is Amazon in another fight with Disney and blocking pre-orders again?
    Yes there's a previous post created my Krawk in here that talks about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubdylan View Post
    Thank you for the review. I've mostly overlooked this film, but I've been looking forward to this release ever since a very soulful friend of mine told me it's his favorite Disney. I'm excited to learn that it's a great transfer and also to read a review that resonates with my buddy's reasons for loving it.
    It's one of my favorite Disney movies and I will be double dipping on this.

I will probably end up buying from Disney Movie Club

I spent my lunch hour on an Interweb trail about this movie. I had no idea it was so beloved. The Rotten Tomatoes blurbs alone are some of the most passionate I've seen.

I also clicked through enough parts of it on streaming to realize I've never really seen the damn thing. Parts of it, sure, but most of it I have no memory of.

I spent my lunch hour on an Interweb trail about this movie. I had no idea it was so beloved. The Rotten Tomatoes blurbs alone are some of the most passionate I've seen.

I also clicked through enough parts of it on streaming to realize I've never really seen the damn thing. Parts of it, sure, but most of it I have no memory of.
    It's pure Disney classic. You should def watch it

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

The new extras aren't enough for a double dip, but if it''s not yet in your Blu-ray collection, it's a must-own.
    Thanks for this. Thus far the "Signature Collection" discs all seem to fit this quote. Some of us will always buy anything Disney.
    I remember a disc replacement program for the previous edition. Anyone know the details what that was about anyway?
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Dr Kain is offline Member

I need to get this movie, so it's nice that it is back in print, I just wish it would be a lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    I remember a disc replacement program for the previous edition. Anyone know the details what that was about anyway?
    There were two missing lines in the song Give A Little Whistle. Apparently some of the blu-rays were affected by this, some weren't. And when I say lines, I mean it was just a word or two. Not TOO huge of a deal, but glad Disney replaced the discs that some customers wanted replacing.

Personally, I never checked my disc for this issue since it's really not a big deal for me.
    How am I not myself?

Live everyday like it's the best day of your life.

I just pre-ordered the Target digibook exclusive. Did this for Snow White too.

Julian is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    It's pure Disney classic. You should def watch it
    You should high def watch it

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    You should high def watch it
    I will, thanks

I couldn't wait for the disc. I streamed it from Amazon last night. It was as great as everybody says it is. It seemed to be, among a hundred other remarkable things, an exact midpoint between the nightmarish, stark aesthetics of 1930s cartoons and the warmer, kinder tones of the 1940s (thinking especially of the difference between 30s and 40s Looney Tunes). For that reason (among others), it felt both dangerous and comforting.

An instant entry into my top 50 movies. And those don't come along often.

I couldn't wait for the disc. I streamed it from Amazon last night. It was as great as everybody says it is. It seemed to be, among a hundred other remarkable things, an exact midpoint between the nightmarish, stark aesthetics of 1930s cartoons and the warmer, kinder tones of the 1940s (thinking especially of the difference between 30s and 40s Looney Tunes). For that reason (among others), it felt both dangerous and comforting.

An instant entry into my top 50 movies. And those don't come along often.
    Did you buy it on Amazon for $19.99?

Glad you liked it. It's a great movie and one of Disney's best. One of their "magical" movies

Dr Kain is offline Member

You know, I like the movie, but I would never consider it one of their best. It's as lifeless as the title character, it's more that I like it out of nostalgia rather than it being well written. Kind of like why people gush over Snow White (which I personally think is one of the worst).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast