'Dreamscape: Collector's Edition' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-06-2016, 12:50 PM

Default 'Dreamscape: Collector's Edition' - High-Def Digest Review

Shannon has reviewed 'Dreamscape: Collector's Edition'. Here's what he thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3791...rsedition.html
Old 12-06-2016, 12:58 PM

Hey Shannon thanks for the review. I LOVE this movie and your last bit
"'Dreamscape' probably isn't as good as your memory of it might be, and it's certainly not as scary, but it's still a solid 80s sci-fil thriller with some neat ideas and some quality actors involved."

The last time I saw it, I actually did still enjoy it, for actually what you stated here.

Bummer on the video and audio quality but nice to have all those bonus features. I'll wait on a price drop or Shout special.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:27 PM

I always intended to see this. I decided to rent it about a year ago and accidently rented 'Innerspace' instead (I think my confusion of the two films is understandable). It wasn't so bad, it's just that I got about half an hour in when I realized this wasn't the movie where they go into people's dreams and I'd rented the wrong movie.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
I always intended to see this. I decided to rent it about a year ago and accidently rented 'Innerspace' instead (I think my confusion of the two films is understandable). It wasn't so bad, it's just that I got about half an hour in when I realized this wasn't the movie where they go into people's dreams and I'd rented the wrong movie.
Hahaha, Innerspace is a good movie
Old 12-07-2016, 06:49 AM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Hahaha, Innerspace is a good movie
Jack Putter to the rescue!
Old 12-07-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonNutt View Post
Jack Putter to the rescue!
LOL

Fun movie
Old 12-08-2016, 01:42 AM

So this is like Swamp Thing, leaving out the added nudity that made other versions more awesome. is there a UK release with the extra footage, I wonder?
Old 12-08-2016, 06:57 AM
Banned

Innerspace. Enemy Mine. Dreamscape.

In that order. Thank you.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
So this is like Swamp Thing, leaving out the added nudity that made other versions more awesome. is there a UK release with the extra footage, I wonder?
The brief nudity only ever appeared in (standard-def) cable TV broadcasts in the '80s. When this disc was announced, Shout! Factory indicated that the only source elements available were the theatrical cut. That extra footage may have been lost in the meantime.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.