'C.H.U.D.' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-17-2016, 04:00 PM

Default 'C.H.U.D.' - High-Def Digest Review

Matthew has reviewed 'C.H.U.D.' He's a fan, and he says this release is highly recommended. Here's the scoop...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/37768/chud.html
Old 11-17-2016, 09:39 PM

Nice review, Matthew. Never saw this one before, so this was a blind pre-order for me. This release sounds like a real winner though. I did see CHUD 2 a few years back. It was OK, but will be passing on that Lionsgate blu-ray release.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Nice review, Matthew. Never saw this one before, so this was a blind pre-order for me. This release sounds like a real winner though. I did see CHUD 2 a few years back. It was OK, but will be passing on that Lionsgate blu-ray release.
It's an old favorite for me and I pull it out only once a year so I don't get tired of it. Something about it clicked with me when I was a tot and it stayed with me. When I saw Home Alone in the theater as a kid I'm 100% certain that I was the only one in the room that knew John Heard and Daniel Stern were in CHUD.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:03 AM

Nice review. I've always wanted to see this movie.

A mistake in the review:

Quote:
they manage to make the monsters of the flick an oozy gooey nightmare creature.
Also, you forgot to mention the length of the theatrical cut AFAIK. Twice you say the Integral is 96 minutes but never tell us how much shorter the other cut is.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Nice review. I've always wanted to see this movie.

A mistake in the review:

Also, you forgot to mention the length of the theatrical cut AFAIK. Twice you say the Integral is 96 minutes but never tell us how much shorter the other cut is.
Fixed, the runtime of the Theatrical Cut is listed in the HD Exclusive features and in the Vital Disc Stats - at roughly 88 minutes its around 8 minutes shorter.