'Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-15-2016, 02:27 PM

Default 'Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins' - High-Def Digest Review

Shannon has reviewed 'Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins' . Here's what he thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3488...urebegins.html
Old 11-15-2016, 02:44 PM

Great 80s fun here.

LOL @ Kate Mulgrew.

Glad to see this Twilight release has some good supplements. Will pick it up on some sale hopefully.

Shannon, I have a soft spot for this film too.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:39 PM

Cool

Great 80's guilty pleasure-from-the-past for sure, and good to see & hear Captain Janeway, who must've gone back thru the space-time continuum to 1980's Earth on an Away Mission for coffee
Old 11-15-2016, 09:45 PM

Nice review, Shannon. I didn't know any of the "behind the scenes" of this movie. I just saw it as good cheesy fun.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:09 AM

This is fun 80's cheese. Joel Grey is perversely brilliant as a Korean man twice his age. But seriously, what is Fred Ward doing in the lead role of this movie? He's an okay bit part player, but I can't believe somebody actually thought to put a blockbuster action series on his shoulders. I figure they must've called Burt Reynolds to offer him the role and Fred Ward just happened to be there and picked up the phone.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:11 AM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
This is fun 80's cheese. Joel Grey is perversely brilliant as a Korean man twice his age. But seriously, what is Fred Ward doing in the lead role of this movie? He's an okay bit part player, but I can't believe somebody actually thought to put a blockbuster action series on his shoulders. I figure they must've called Burt Reynolds to offer him the role and Fred Ward just happened to be there and picked up the phone.
The producers wanted a relative unknown, and Ward had just come off 'The Right Stuff'. The other "unknown" they were considering? A New York bartender named Bruce Willis. One can only wonder what might have been.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:13 AM

I get the idea of going with a relative unknown. Ward still seems like an odd choice, even when compared to other relative unknowns who got big breaks that didn't materialize into big leading man careers (like Michael Paré or Michael Jai White).
Old 11-16-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I think Ward is a perfect fit for this 80s cheese action film. Also, he matches with Grey perfectly IMO. As Shannon said in the review their relationship is really what makes this film.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
'Fred Ward just happened to be there and picked up the phone', haha, funny!

Truth to be told, I think Mr. Ward is quite awesome in 'The Naked Gun 33 1/3' and the 'Tremors' series. He had the potential to be leading man material.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:23 AM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
'Fred Ward just happened to be there and picked up the phone', haha, funny!

Truth to be told, I think Mr. Ward is quite awesome in 'The Naked Gun 33 1/3' and the 'Tremors' series. He had the potential to be leading man material.
Yeah, Ward isn't the problem with this movie. The script is - particularly the failure to provide an interesting/threatening villain.