'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 3D: Collector's Edition' - HDD Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-07-2016, 02:45 PM

Default 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 3D: Collector's Edition' - HDD Review

Shannon has reviewed 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 3D: Collector's Edition'. Here's what he thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3702...awakensce.html
Old 11-08-2016, 07:30 AM

Well that's frustrating that it's a total double dip with no 3D only option for those that bought the first set
Old 11-08-2016, 08:30 AM

This is beyond a shadow of a doubt the best 3D presentation of any disc that I have ever bought. I honestly don't remember the 3D being this crisp and detailed in the theatre. Yes, I bought the 2D version previously but that was in the sure knowledge that I would be buying the movie again once this disc arrived. Nobody was bending my arm...

Buy this disc, don't give it a second thought. It looks spectacular, it really does...
Old 11-08-2016, 10:06 AM

I just picked up the 3 disc stacked edition for $12, so I'll pass on this. The only way I'll double dip is if they do a trilogy box set in 2020.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:33 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloobey View Post
This is beyond a shadow of a doubt the best 3D presentation of any disc that I have ever bought......

Buy this disc, don't give it a second thought. It looks spectacular, it really does...
Street Date 11/15. Do explain
Old 11-09-2016, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Street Date 11/15. Do explain
He may have imported. It's out since 10/31 in the UK.

Regarding excellent 3D discs, 'Tron Legacy' still gets high marks from me, more than 5 years after its release. Also from Disney. Can't be a coincidence.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:26 PM

I've heard the HDR demo from TFA is breathtaking. I'll wait for the UHD.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Zavvi's twitter and emails indicate this week.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post

Regarding excellent 3D discs, 'Tron Legacy' still gets high marks from me, more than 5 years after its release. Also from Disney. Can't be a coincidence.
Indeed, I did order it from Amazon UK, arrived at my home in Tokyo last Thursday (3rd).
As for explaining my earlier comments, the depth and clarity of the 3D is breathtaking, it just feels so natural in a way 3D seldom does. It's kinda hard to put it into words, I urge you to check it out for yourselves...
Old 11-10-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloobey View Post
Indeed, I did order it from Amazon UK, arrived at my home in Tokyo last Thursday (3rd).
As for explaining my earlier comments, the depth and clarity of the 3D is breathtaking, it just feels so natural in a way 3D seldom does. It's kinda hard to put it into words, I urge you to check it out for yourselves...
Thats honestly hard to believe, this movie in the theater barely did anything and I saw it a couple of different ways, only thing that had any real sense of 3D was the giant Star Destroyer that was really in your face, that was excellent, the rest of the movie.....not even worth noting IMO, which is why I havent cared much about buying this version, to me, the conversion and theater viewing was mediocre at best