'Monster High: Welcome to Monster High' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-07-2016, 02:27 PM

Default 'Monster High: Welcome to Monster High' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'Monster High: Welcome to Monster High'. Here's what he thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3646...nsterhigh.html
Old 11-07-2016, 11:47 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

E, I do not think they rebooted this series so much as a reboot but rather as an origin story. They had a 2 page idea and decided to roll with it. But I see you basically agree with this assessment in the 2nd paragraph. Good Iieas for any of these series and how to sell more merchandise are far and few. Disney has often fed on Grimm's Fairy Tales but Monster High not so much.
I would suspect the next one in the series, Shriekwrecked to be exactly the same timeline wise as any of the previous releases. Building from the beginning and adding characters as we've seen each movie come along. Looking at the cast of this movie it really is the origin. We don't see characters introduced in the later movies.

The video does appear better but I think it is only because previous movies had that "fog" look to them rather than a sharp look.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:46 PM

I'd actually like to give this property a shot, but I generally like to start with the beginning. In this case, the TV series. That hasn't been released on BD or DVD, I think? At least on on Amazon.ca.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
E, I do not think they rebooted this series so much as a reboot but rather as an origin story. [...] Building from the beginning and adding characters as we've seen each movie come along. Looking at the cast of this movie it really is the origin. We don't see characters introduced in the later movies.
It is a little confusing when the filmmakers even titled it an origins story, but this is a reboot or a reimagining of those origins, if you prefer, compared to the school's history in the webisodes.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael