'Alice Through the Looking Glass' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-27-2016, 07:03 PM

Default 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' - High-Def Digest Review

Kyle has reviewed 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'. Here's what he thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3433...kingglass.html
Old 10-28-2016, 01:46 AM

I'm requesting this from the library as I need 3 more movies that I can really put on my worst list.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:58 AM

I have definitely seen worse movies this year. To me this is just unnecessary. They clearly had no where to go with this other than to just play it safe.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:28 AM

I enjoyed this one actually, the fact that it was more of its own movie than the original (which has really grown on me actually) made it more fun IMO. I had a good time with it as I did with the first one, which I actually hated when I first saw it....but then realized that it wasnt really a remake of the original Alice, its a sequel pretty much and I've enjoyed it more with each viewing, I'll gladly add this one to my collection as well
Old 10-28-2016, 12:48 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Am not sure how the video is pristine when it was shot on 3.4K then they used a 2K DI once they did everything. UHD is here Disney, other companies are mastering films in 4K and you are cutting your future short with these actions.
The movie for the most part is bright and uses a certain color palette so that in itself will make it look awesome.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:46 PM

I think the downscaling to 2K is because a lot of theaters don't have 4K capabilities. And with the whole UHD thing, I know Disney wants to push there streaming service, so I'm thinking that is why we have no UHD for them. Because they want you to stream it from there service that they probably will upgrade to 4K if they haven't already.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:30 PM

If this is anything like the first I'll be steering clear of it. I fell asleep on the first one.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:15 PM

I also found it wierd that there was no 3D transfer for this movie even in theaters. 3D was a big part of the first one, and we all know Disney loves there post coversion jobs. Just goes to show you there confidence in this project.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
If this is anything like the first I'll be steering clear of it. I fell asleep on the first one.
Night night, sleepyhead.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knewton427 View Post
I also found it wierd that there was no 3D transfer for this movie even in theaters. 3D was a big part of the first one, and we all know Disney loves there post coversion jobs. Just goes to show you there confidence in this project.
There was a theatrical 3D release of the film here and overseas. I have a 3D copy right now at home and i have seen it. I wasn't a big fan of the first movie at all, but i did enjoy this one. It might of been a bit more personal for me this time because she was dealing with losing what her late father had given her in life. I recently lost my father and sort of connected to the movie emotionally that way. Anyways, the 3D was pretty great, sound was amazing and so was the superb video quality. I would recommend if you are a 3D lover of films to import the region free UK disc for your enjoyment