'Nerve' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-26-2016, 03:34 PM

Default 'Nerve' - High-Def Digest Review

Shannon has reviewed 'Nerve'. He says he was "blown away by how immensely entertaining it turned out to be." With reference-quality video and audio, this is a must-own Blu-ray. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/38094/nerve.html
Old 10-28-2016, 03:29 PM

I'll give it a go. I like the cast...so that's something
Old 10-29-2016, 08:21 PM

Watched this today. The music was VERY good and many shots were pretty beautiful to look at in HD.

I wasn't that impressed with the movie overall though. Some poor acting with some cheesy lines. I guess it's good for a teen movie, I should ask my nieces to watch it and see what they say.

BTW, the motorcycle scene is complete BS.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:37 AM

I can't believe that Shannon gave this a 5-star movie rating. I love popcorn flicks, I really like this movie, but as a movie it is no more than a 3-star. The sound, is truly amazing. Too bad it's not in UHD
Old 10-31-2016, 02:43 PM

5-star seems like a bit much, though it was a very fun movie that kept me watching. I'm one of those people that tends to try and poke holes in the seemingly ancillary elements of a movie to break the logic, and this one actually holds up pretty well. The number of viewers in comparison to the number of people on the street, the way people filmed those they were watching which then contributed to the cameras filming...it worked.

And for me the big thing is...the concept isn't that over the top when you compare it to what people really do for internet shares/fame/likes. Unlike something like The Purge, the core premise, while seemingly ridiculous, is only held back conceptually by the technology. I could imagine a very similar app actually existing.

Spoiler
The whole, keeping the winners prisoner thing is a bit odd...I'd rather the whole app, game, etc, be maintained purely by the fans' phones being the servers, instead of some shadowy entity running it in the background (that never has a satisfying reveal)
Old 10-31-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshadow4life View Post
I'll give it a go. I like the cast...so that's something
The cast is nice to look at.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:10 PM

Funny that although I really like the movie, I actually hate all three Main casts of the movie. I just can't stand looking at their faces.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
Funny that although I really like the movie, I actually hate all three Main casts of the movie. I just can't stand looking at their faces.
Emma I can look at all day. The others I completely agree with you especially the male lead.

This movie would be better if there was no voices being heard just the music and visuals hahaha
Old 11-01-2016, 08:52 AM

Emma reminded me too much of Diana Agron from Glee and the male lead reminds me of a pile of turd.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:40 PM

This is one of those movies I've got stuck in my head, and I want to rewatch it.

When I come across the Blu-Ray for $6.99, I'm grabbing it.