'The Exorcist III: Collector's Edition' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-24-2016, 03:39 PM

Default 'The Exorcist III: Collector's Edition' - High-Def Digest Review

Josh has reviewed 'The Exorcist III: Collector's Edition'. This release is recommended. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3572...st_iii_ce.html
Old 10-24-2016, 04:49 PM

I want to see this!
Old 10-24-2016, 05:46 PM

This was an all-around stellar release by Scream Factory. I was really impressed with the new 2K scan they gave the theatrical cut which blows away the previous Warner blu-ray. Excellent assortment of vintage and new extras. And the long awaited director's cut was a huge bonus.

I've always wanted to see the original cut of the film since hearing about Morgan Creek's demands for a re-shoot of pivotal scenes. While I appreciate the director's cut, I can understand why Morgan Creek did what they did. The ending was lackluster and Dourif's performance seemed too tame and low-key (even though he states in his interview he prefers this performance over what we see in the theatrical cut). Personally, I much prefer Dourif's theatrical cut performance. It's what really gave the film its spark and makes it stand out. It's so crazy and creepy, you'll never forget it.
If I had to grade the different cuts it'd probably look like this:
Theatrical Cut: 4.5 out of 5
Director's Cut: 3 out of 5

Once again, this is a top notch blu-ray release. For a film I thought was never going to see some sort of special edition, Scream Factory went above and beyond and gave this exceptional horror film the release it deserved. Great stuff. Can't recommend it enough.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:47 AM

Great, another worthwhile double dip. they're just gonna have to get down to $10 or under.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
Great, another worthwhile double dip. they're just gonna have to get down to $10 or under.
Yah I really want this, don't own the other release, but still want it to drop a little. I'd say for me at 14.99 I'd bite!
Old 10-25-2016, 02:40 PM

I've never seen this one. Although I love the first film, the idea of 'The Exorcist' as a series always seemed like a bad idea. People say good things about this one, and I'll probably rent it at some point.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
I've never seen this one. Although I love the first film, the idea of 'The Exorcist' as a series always seemed like a bad idea. People say good things about this one, and I'll probably rent it at some point.
All the other movies are terrible, but this one is good and the new TV show is also pretty good.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:37 PM

I have to agree with the reviewer - that is some terrible new cover art. I usually enjoy Scream Factory's original artwork, but I can't believe they signed off on this one.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
I want to see this!
Thanks Josh! I love you!
Old 10-26-2016, 08:44 AM

Solid review, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who appreciates this flick. I moonlight at a video store in Chicago and I can't count the people I've had to convince that it's worth watching. The artwork is actually the reason I didn't order this movie direct from Shout because I didn't want a poster.