'Lights Out' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-24-2016, 04:23 PM

Default 'Lights Out' - High-Def Digest Review

Matthew has reviewed 'Lights Out'. He says this is a great little movie to watch with the lights out. Highly recommended for Halloween.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/37701/lightsout.html
Old 10-25-2016, 02:07 AM

I don't know, the trailers didn't look all that good. It looked like just some generic CGI fest.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I don't know, the trailers didn't look all that good. It looked like just some generic CGI fest.
This was made on a budget of $5 million, its not even close to a generic CGI fest....actually that trailer gave me no impressions of CGI really, the creature is a real person with enhanced eyes kind of like Vin Diesel in Pitch Black, it works well and outside of some enhancements, I'm sure, you would be lucky to guess where they even used any CG in this movie, camera tricks and proper edits really work here and it works surprisingly well.

My buddy and I watched this recently and he jumped out of his chair during the first scene, we all knew how it was going to go, the trailers gave it away but man it still worked, more on him than me but the timing was perfect and really set up for the rest of the film. I really enjoyed this one, its a fun trip, its simple in its premise and it was made for nothing pretty much. I'll be keeping an eye out for anything this guy does from now on, how slick he got this to look and how well he filmed scenes, the tension and setup of the scares was really damn good and the budget he had, even more impressive.

I'll gladly be adding this to my collection, even though you know everything after one viewing, this is one of those horror flicks that just becomes fun to watch after that, even more fun to watch with people who havent seen it before
Old 10-26-2016, 02:38 AM

That's good to hear. I've got it on request from the library, I just need to wait until it's my turn to borrow it.