'Child's Play Collector's Edition' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-12-2016, 02:35 PM

Default 'Child's Play Collector's Edition' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed the 'Child's Play Collector's Edition'. Here's what he thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3576...rsedition.html
Old 10-12-2016, 03:21 PM

Such a classic
Old 10-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I will probably but this. The collection set though is still tempting me.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:08 PM

I have to agree that while this edition offers an improvement in the video, the box set for another $20 more is probably going to tempt fans more.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 10-12-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
I have to agree that while this edition offers an improvement in the video, the box set for another $20 more is probably going to tempt fans more.
Already got that boxed set so another $30 for this just isnt worth it to me, I'm really hoping Scream starts getting some more horror films that really need a new version or have never had one, the MGM release looks fine to me, yeah this one looks somewhat better but its not a deal breaker, especially when I have all of the films
Old 10-12-2016, 09:12 PM

I really hope Scream keeps going with the box set action figure rout with their Deluxe Editions. Posters and slips are cool but that figure is a real kick.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:36 PM

Just watched the original MGM blu-ray last night (for the first time since buying it last year) and thought it looked great. Won't be "upgrading" to this new Scream Factory edition after all, especially since seeing the price on Amazon.ca is now way over $30.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
I really hope Scream keeps going with the box set action figure rout with their Deluxe Editions. Posters and slips are cool but that figure is a real kick.
That cost quite a bit more didnt it? Getting the ones with extra slip covers and posters is usually $5-$10 more tops I think, this was $20 or $30 more I think. Anymore I think I'm just going to wait for their sales unless its something I really have to have now, picked up 7 titles in the past week, four from them and three from FYE since they are having a sale on Screams titles as well. Picked up Demon Knight, Shocker and The People Under the Stairs from FYE, all still had slip covers (which is awesome) and I grabbed Texas Chainsaw 2, Night of the Demons, Prince of Darkness and Invaders from Mars from Scream directly and Texas Chainsaw still had its slip cover, none were more than $18, Scream had some great sales these past two weeks