'Constantine: The Complete Series' is coming October 4 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-15-2016, 01:10 PM

Default 'Constantine: The Complete Series' is coming October 4

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3839...eteseries.html
Old 09-15-2016, 01:41 PM

Real shame this got canned, great show that deserved to continue, not sure why CW or someone didnt pick it up since a ton of Super Hero shows are going on right now
Old 09-15-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
Real shame this got canned, great show that deserved to continue, not sure why CW or someone didnt pick it up since a ton of Super Hero shows are going on right now
Since getting canceled, the Constantine series has been retroactively folded into the CW's "Arrowverse" franchise. The character (played by the same actor) turned up in an episode of Arrow last season. It's conceivable he could make more guest appearances in either that, The Flash, or Legends of Tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Since getting canceled, the Constantine series has been retroactively folded into the CW's "Arrowverse" franchise. The character (played by the same actor) turned up in an episode of Arrow last season. It's conceivable he could make more guest appearances in either that, The Flash, or Legends of Tomorrow.
His 'Arrow' apperance was the highlight of that season. If he pops up during the Flashpoint storyline I'd be more than happy.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:51 AM

I couldn't get into it.

Forgive me, as I'm only passively familiar with the comic, but I liked Keanu's performance so much that it locked him in as Constantine in my mind. His flat, almost dead performance suited the "I don't give a ****" attitude of someone expecting to end up in Hell no matter what he does, but still compelled to say stick it to the hellions.

DC's cinematic universe would win, IMO, if they were able to cast Keanu as Constantine again.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
I couldn't get into it.

Forgive me, as I'm only passively familiar with the comic, but I liked Keanu's performance so much that it locked him in as Constantine in my mind. His flat, almost dead performance suited the "I don't give a ****" attitude of someone expecting to end up in Hell no matter what he does, but still compelled to say stick it to the hellions.

DC's cinematic universe would win, IMO, if they were able to cast Keanu as Constantine again.
I also saw the Keanu movie first having no familiarity with the comic, and I liked it well enough. However, comic fans loathed the movie because the character as depicted in it was nothing like the source material. There's no way that DC would go back to that.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I also saw the Keanu movie first having no familiarity with the comic, and I liked it well enough. However, comic fans loathed the movie because the character as depicted in it was nothing like the source material. There's no way that DC would go back to that.
Oh well. I think I recall hearing about backlash like that. A 1:1 translation of comic book material to film doesn't always translate well...which is why I suspect Wolverine has never worn his yellow & brown.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:43 AM

Actually, that is no entirely true.

A lot of the Keanu movie is ripped right out of the comic. Hell, even the ending is the same except that Constantine went right back to smoking cigarettes in the comics. The problem with the movie was the casting of Constantine and Chad.

The series was absolutely spectacular though. It was heavily flawed, but what do you expect from a first season? They aren't going to get it perfect right from the get go. Even Breaking Bad had to find its grove. Nevertheless, a lot of the epiodes were direct adaptations of comic stories. Episode 4 was an adaptation of the very first Hellblazer issue. We also got the House of Mystery in the show. Felix Faust and Papa Midnight were perfectly casted. They even started to reveal Zed's identity which was ripped right out of the comics. I was really looking forward to seeing Spectre in the second half of the season and they were planning to put Swamp Thing and Dr Fate in the second if one came out. Such a shame that NBC didn't even bother giving this show a chance.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
Oh well. I think I recall hearing about backlash like that. A 1:1 translation of comic book material to film doesn't always translate well...which is why I suspect Wolverine has never worn his yellow & brown.
I disagree. If you do it right, it will work. And that lack of yellow and brown is one of the reasons why the X-Men movies are just barely better than the DC movies. First Class is truly the only X-Men movie that felt like an X-Men movie.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I disagree. If you do it right, it will work. And that lack of yellow and brown is one of the reasons why the X-Men movies are just barely better than the DC movies. First Class is truly the only X-Men movie that felt like an X-Men movie.
I will say, the trailer for Wonder Woman where she walks onto the battlefield in her vibrant-yet-battle damaged red and gold was very, very, very cool.