Dracula w/ Out 5.1 DD Sucks - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-09-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Dracula w/ Out 5.1 DD Sucks

I know i'm behind the times, but so is 99% of the population. Why can't they include a lower end audio track for some of these discs? Now if I want to watch or own Dracula I have to listen to it in 2.0. Not good. Night at the Museum was like this and it sounded so bad my wife noticed.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megasquidd View Post
I know i'm behind the times, but so is 99% of the population. Why can't they include a lower end audio track for some of these discs? Now if I want to watch or own Dracula I have to listen to it in 2.0. Not good. Night at the Museum was like this and it sounded so bad my wife noticed.
All Studios releasing PCM tracks on their discs have been good with including a 5.1 DD or DTS track on their discs. And I'm sure that will not change with Dracula. And their have been quite a few announcements where only the PCM track is highlighted in the announcement but none of the legacy codecs are mentioned.

And with night of the museum you should have been able to extract the DTS 5.1 "core" on that disc. You may want to check your settings if you were only getting 2.0.

Last edited by Dwellon; 08-09-2007 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 08-09-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwellon View Post
All Studios releasing PCM tracks on their discs have been good with including a 5.1 DD or DTS track on their discs. And I'm sure that will not change with Dracula. And their have been quite a few announcements where only the PCM track is highlighted in the announcement but none of the legacy codecs are mentioned.

And with night of the museum you should have been able to extract the DTS 5.1 "core" on that disc. You may want to check your settings if you were only getting 2.0.
My receiver is pretty old.. i don't think it does DTS. I will look closer at the manual if I can find it.