'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-12-2016, 04:33 PM

Default 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows' - High-Def Digest Review

Shannon has reviewed 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows'. Here's what he thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3501...heshadows.html
Old 09-13-2016, 07:11 AM

I don't think is an amazing movie or anything, but I found this one a lot more enjoyable than the first one by a mile.

This is a Kid movie obviously so you have to adapt to that fact, but honestly I enjoyed far more than the first one in many areas.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertX View Post
I don't think is an amazing movie or anything, but I found this one a lot more enjoyable than the first one by a mile.
Agreed. This sequel is at least a (flawed) movie. The first one was a succession of action set-pieces with little rhyme or reason.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:59 PM

I enjoyed this movie. I'm getting used to the appearance of the turtles and how they align with their personalities. Krang and the Technodrome looked badass. The only person out of place is Megan Fox. I just don't see her as April. Definitely a movie I would sit through again.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:40 AM

I mainly got it (on Steel) because I have the first one (on Steel).

Definitely was 'more of the same'. Honestly, I think I liked the first one more, I think. I haven't seen the first in a while (since it came out on Blu), so it could be generous memories. Shredder being a footnote in this movie didn't sit very well with me, I guess. Krang was just...meh to me.

Though I did like Bebop and Rocksteady. Yeah, they were stupid, but I actually liked their cameraderie TBH.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopkiwi View Post
I enjoyed this movie. I'm getting used to the appearance of the turtles and how they align with their personalities. Krang and the Technodrome looked badass. The only person out of place is Megan Fox. I just don't see her as April. Definitely a movie I would sit through again.
I have some nostalgia affection for the Turtles, so I was pretty open to the new movie. Then I saw the trailer and it looked all sorts of wrong, so I skipped it. The promotion didn't focus on the rapport among the Turtles, it all seemed to be about Meg Fox as April solving some mystery. And I agree, I just don't see Fox as April. I think I picture somebody with more spunk and a bit more warmth, somebody like Gemma Arterton (but with an American accent).

The sequel definitely appears to be more on track with more joking among the Turtles and more crazy monster bad guys. Don't know if I'll get around to checking it out or not. Maybe if my nephew wants to watch it.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:01 AM

I have a GREAT deal of nostalgia for this franchise, and totally loved this movie. I can't say I'd buy it, or rewatch it any time soon, but when I got in the mindset that I was watching a live action version of the cartoon I grew up watching, I had a blast.

It's hard for me to get into action set pieces where so much is clearly CGI (by nature, not by quality), but I really dug the entire airplane sequence...the way the Technodrome was coming together, and the over the top way they did Krang. I even laughed at Bebop and Rocksteady, two characters who I expected to hate.

I agree with those who said this one was better than the last one.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:26 PM
Banned

Definitely better than the first one...and Shredder is not a footnote, he has as much screen time as Krang.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:30 AM

I've got this coming from the library as I really need to start filling up my worst of 2016 list.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
and Shredder is not a footnote, he has as much screen time as Krang.
Yeah, but they're not lovers like in the cartoon. The movie really undersold the romantic nature of their relationship.

Last edited by eastx; 09-26-2016 at 02:35 AM.