Child's Play Collector's Edition and Limited Deluxe Collector's Edition October 18th - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-08-2016, 09:43 AM

Default Child's Play Collector's Edition and Limited Deluxe Collector's Edition October 18th

Collector's Edition of Child's Play! Collector's Edition of Child's Play! Get your RED-HOT Collector's Edition of Child's Play! Limited Deluxe Edition available while supplies last!

Scream Factory's diabolical plot to make people broke is in full swing with their latest announcement of a Collector's Edition release of the original 1988 classic 'Child's Play.' More new bonus features are apparently in the works and will be announced in due time, but the flick is getting a new 2k scan and already is coming with a new Audio Commentary with Director Tom Holland.

Per Scream's latest brilliant marketing scheme, there will be a Limited Deluxe Edtion (only 2,000 units). In addition to two posters and two custom slip covers, you also can get an Exclusive Limited Good Guys Chucky Doll from NECA Toys, so there is at least something unique with this release for collectors to jump for.

Pre-orders are live for both releases - but if you're gonna jump on that Deluxe Edition, you have to order direct from Shout! Factory. As the new special features get announced, we'll keep you kids posted!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5304[/ATTACH]
Child's Play Collector's Edition
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3576...rsedition.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5305[/ATTACH]
Childs Play Limited Deluxe Collector's Edition
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3576...2000units.html
Attached Thumbnails
Child's Play Collector's Edition and Limited Deluxe Collector's Edition October 18th-high-def-digest-www.highdefdigest_.com-blu-ray-childs-play-collectors-edition__.png   Child's Play Collector's Edition and Limited Deluxe Collector's Edition October 18th-high-def-digest-www.highdefdigest_.com-blu-ray-childs-play-deluxe-collectors-edition__.png  
Old 07-08-2016, 12:17 PM

MGMs 20th Anniversary release was actually pretty good, already posted on their comments that I'm hoping they get more films that really need a special edition or dont have a release at all, the current Child's Play is just fine and a slight remaster isnt really enough for me to double dip on this, their other stuff like The Thing and Return of the Living Dead are really great because they never got a good releases with like any special features, not sure why they went after Child's Play especially since its still readily available, hell you can find the whole box set with all the films for $50 or less easy, I got mine on sale a while back for $30
Old 07-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Lest anyone think the CE is overpriced hell, anyone that has had to shop for toys knows that even the cheaper mainstream dolls run over $20.
I think it's creepy though to buy a Good Guy doll with a horror movie about said Good Guy doll.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
MGMs 20th Anniversary release was actually pretty good, already posted on their comments that I'm hoping they get more films that really need a special edition or dont have a release at all, the current Child's Play is just fine and a slight remaster isnt really enough for me to double dip on this, their other stuff like The Thing and Return of the Living Dead are really great because they never got a good releases with like any special features, not sure why they went after Child's Play especially since its still readily available, hell you can find the whole box set with all the films for $50 or less easy, I got mine on sale a while back for $30
Yeah I thought it was odd too, but it could also have been part of a package deal, if you want film X you're going to have to release Child's Play - that's just a guess - I never bought any of the releases yet so I don't feel raw about it.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
Agreed. Not a very necessary release. I got a funny feeling that they'll do Collector's Editions (or a Double Feature release) for Child's Play parts 2 and 3 as well at some point. Now those two I could understand a double-dip for since those releases were barebones.

Just to go a bit off topic here, people on their Facebook page keep asking for a Collector's Edition of Killer Klowns from Outer Space. I got MGM's blu-ray of that one and thought it was perfectly fine. No need for Scream Factory to put money into a blu-ray release for that one. They should concentrate on MGM and Universal titles that were given crummy blu-ray releases (or none at all), like Teen Wolf or Judgment Night.