'Aliens: 30th Anniversary Edition' is coming September 13th - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-07-2016, 12:23 PM

Default 'Aliens: 30th Anniversary Edition' is coming September 13th

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/35739/aliens_30th.html
Old 07-07-2016, 01:48 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Oh no! Another James Cameron dip.
Wonder if it's merely a repackaged disc with some extra materials packed in. Between the cover art concept and the extras packed in it, I like the overall product. Will be watching this one closely. Camel^3 tracker enabled!
Old 07-07-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Oh no! Another James Cameron dip.
Wonder if it's merely a repackaged disc with some extra materials packed in. Between the cover art concept and the extras packed in it, I like the overall product. Will be watching this one closely. Camel^3 tracker enabled!
I'm sure it's the exact same Blu-ray from before, just with bulky packaging and some physical swag crammed in the box.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I'm sure it's the exact same Blu-ray from before, just with bulky packaging and some physical swag crammed in the box.
They know consumers are as gullible and uneducated as the "scientists" from Prometheus
Old 07-07-2016, 07:01 PM

I'm holding out for the 31st anniversary edition.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
I'm holding out for the 31st anniversary edition.
If Fox had a movie club like Disney does that would be a reality.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:23 PM

I'm a hugh Cameron fan, and will buy this. And Fox: I would also like buy "The Abyss" and "True Lies" too.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersT2 View Post
I'm a hugh Cameron fan, and will buy this. And Fox: I would also like buy "The Abyss" and "True Lies" too.
If a pre-order of "True Lies" went up on Amazon for $99, I'd reserve mine immediately. I don't care what bonus features, I just want the movie.

As for this rerelease...I'm a huge 'Aliens' fan, so we'll see what content is included....
Old 07-12-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
As for this rerelease...I'm a huge 'Aliens' fan, so we'll see what content is included....
From all appearances, this looks exactly like the Alien: 35th Anniversary Edition, which was just a repackaging of the older Blu-ray in a fancy box filled with trinkets (art cards and such). It had no new content, unless you count the knickknacks in the box as "content."
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
From all appearances, this looks exactly like the Alien: 35th Anniversary Edition, which was just a repackaging of the older Blu-ray in a fancy box filled with trinkets (art cards and such). It had no new content, unless you count the knickknacks in the box as "content."
Ouch...knickknacks can be tempting...but it sounds like I may skip this release.

Unless, color timing is addressed. It's certainly got more teal over time.