Carrie (1976) Collector's Edition and Deluxe Collector's Edition - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-30-2016, 10:40 AM

Default Carrie (1976) Collector's Edition and Deluxe Collector's Edition

Scream Factory has gone and done it. Like their releases for 'Return of the Living Dead' and 'The Thing' they're pumping out a Deluxe Collector's edition with 2 Slip Covers and 2 Posters, and a regular Collector's Edition with just one Slip Cover and Poster if you pre-order direct from www.shoutfactory.com - These have been selling out fast so if this is in your bandwagon at all, ordder them ASAP.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5297[/ATTACH]
Collector's Edition
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3551...rsedition.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5296[/ATTACH]
Deluxe Collector's Edition
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/35512/carrie.html
Attached Thumbnails
Carrie (1976) Collector's Edition and Deluxe Collector's Edition-high-def-digest-www.highdefdigest_.com-blu-ray-carrie-1976-collectors_edition_deluxe_scream_fact.jpg   Carrie (1976) Collector's Edition and Deluxe Collector's Edition-high-def-digest-www.highdefdigest_.com-blu-ray-carrie-1976-collectors_edition_scream_factory_.jpg  
Old 06-30-2016, 02:47 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Is this where I made my obligatory comment about the cover art? Who at Shout Factory is doing this? Did they hire someone fresh out of graphics design class and have to fulfill a 5-year contract and are pretty much altering every single release going forward? Or are these covers more appealing to the 20-something masses? Get of my lawn damn it!
Old 06-30-2016, 04:30 PM

Awesome! Already placed my order!!
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 06-30-2016, 05:19 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
Awesome! Already placed my order!!
I have the item in a tab on my browser, just itching to pull the trigger.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Is this where I made my obligatory comment about the cover art? Who at Shout Factory is doing this? Did they hire someone fresh out of graphics design class and have to fulfill a 5-year contract and are pretty much altering every single release going forward? Or are these covers more appealing to the 20-something masses? Get of my lawn damn it!
The multiple slipcovers makes no sense to me, but then I don't collect slipcovers
Old 06-30-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
The multiple slipcovers makes no sense to me, but then I don't collect slipcovers
Yeah I'm tempted but I got the multiple slip covers for Return of the Living Dead, and it's okay, but I don't know what to do with the other one now
Old 06-30-2016, 09:10 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
Yeah I'm tempted but I got the multiple slip covers for Return of the Living Dead, and it's okay, but I don't know what to do with the other one now
Fortunately they lay flat and take very little space on the shelf wedged in between two movies.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:56 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Okay so I was ready to pull the trigger on the Deluxe Edition when I see they want $6 for shipping. Sorry, but that is the break in the make:break part of the deal.
When I can import a Steelbook from the UK or Germany for typically less than $35, a relatively plain Jane BD from the USA for $41... errm, no