'Star Trek 50th Anniversary TV and Movie Collection' is coming September 6 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-08-2016, 12:05 PM

Default 'Star Trek 50th Anniversary TV and Movie Collection' is coming September 6

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3461...ollection.html
Old 06-08-2016, 12:16 PM

Will this include the Directors Cut of the Motion Picture, or Home Video cut of The Undiscovered Country? Or is it just a rerealse of the earlier blurays.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themisfit138 View Post
Will this include the Directors Cut of the Motion Picture, or Home Video cut of The Undiscovered Country? Or is it just a rerealse of the earlier blurays.
So far, the only Director's Cut that is available is for Wrath of Khan. Paramount doesn't apparently have any intentions to revisit the others at this time and are merely reissuing the previous editions. I'd love for all of the films to get the full 4k treatment
Old 06-08-2016, 01:11 PM

"Enclosed in collectible packaging, the set includes the Animated Series remastered on Blu-ray for the first time ever, the newly released Director's Cut of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan..."

I hope the animated series gets a separate release as well.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
"Enclosed in collectible packaging, the set includes the Animated Series remastered on Blu-ray for the first time ever, the newly released Director's Cut of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan..."

I hope the animated series gets a separate release as well.
Wow the animated series. I can ditch my DVD set. I have to think they will release it separately.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:12 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Talk about a lot of milking of the franchise.
A repackage of TOS & TNG at a price to make you move!
A 4K remaster for Wrath of Khan, the DC no less.
Now let's repackage the tv and movies, use all existing discs and then throw in a pin, mini posters and such to sell it to you again. I wish I just made this up but it's all true!
After all of this one could almost guarantee another upgrade of some kind, be it DC's of 1, 3 & 4 or UHD BD.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:26 AM

Same here. I am interested in the Animated Series but that is it. I am NOT interested in buying another Blu-ray of every movie/series that I already have. Hopefully, the Animated Series will see a separate release at the same time or soon after.

Or maybe they will release the Animated Series on Digital HD and I will just purchase it there.