I all honesty, is TMNT worth a buy? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-08-2007, 02:14 PM

Default I all honesty, is TMNT worth a buy?

I remember as a wee lad sitting down each day to watch the ORIGINAL TMNT Cartoon (I have the DVD set as well) and it became one of few Cartoon series I have come to associate my child hood with. (my second is the Adventures of Sonic the Headgehog) So when I saw they were making another TMNT movie (I liked the originals) I was pretty excited. However, I was also a little skeptical. This movie just seemed too, "Family Freindly" to me and looked like it was going to bomb because it looked kinda dumb.

For anyone who owns this movie, is it good?
Old 08-08-2007, 03:04 PM

TMNT use to be an underground comic, once it became mainstream and marketable, it became uninteresting and lost it's edge.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:06 PM

I wasn't going to buy it. But after reading the reviews for it from various sites, I thought, what the heck... and ordered it from Amazon. So in a couple of days after I receive it, I'll let you know if it's worth it or not from my perspective. Because I too was one of those kids who watched the TMNT cartoon series.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:19 PM

I saw it, I didn't really like it. I was a huge ninja turtles fan when I was a kid, maybe I grew out of it?
Old 08-08-2007, 03:51 PM

Well, I saw it in the theater and I was at BB yesterday to pick it up as soon as it was released. So yeah, I'd say it's that good. But I was a fan when I was a kid, and I agree with the review on this site 100%. That said, it's not a movie that everyone will love. I'd say people who didn't spend a decent chunk of their childhood in the 80's won't really get it, they might not hate it, but they won't care for it either. Bottom line, if you were a fan of the cartoon, there's a good chance you'll like the movie.

I havn't watched it on BD yet, but I did check the PQ real quick... and yes, it's gorgeous. There are several jaw-dropping scenes in it.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:08 PM

I used to love the cartoon series, but this movie was lame. The CG is decent, but a lot of aspects make no sense. The rain fight scene in the trailer doesn't fit into the movie. It's clear weather, then rains when they fight for 2 mintues, and then it clears up right afterwards. The movie tries too hard.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:02 PM

I was born in 1986 I first saw the cartton when I was 2or 3 years old. I used to watch it all the time(must have been in reruns) I watched the Standard DVD last night and I really liked the movie. The review on this site is right though its not a movie everyone will love. I cant wait to pick up the blu-ray
Old 08-08-2007, 05:43 PM

I love the movie and bought the bluray, and I believe it is the best looking movie to hit high def yet
Old 08-08-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
I love the movie and bought the bluray, and I believe it is the best looking movie to hit high def yet
I thought the PQ was just a bit shy of Happy Feet (can't remember what this site gave it though), but yeah it does look sweeeeeeeet.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:59 PM

Loved it in theatres, bought it yesterday on BD, loved it then as well. Pretty good movie that's good for the entire family, with great PQ. Worth the buy if you're a fan of the show, but if not you may want to rent first.