Deadpool movie review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-17-2016, 03:36 PM

Default Deadpool movie review

Hey guys,
I know 20th Century Fox is slow in giving review copies but is there an ETA on a Deadpool review? It's a movie I have not yet seen. I use your reviews to gauge whether to buy blu rays or not. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:42 PM

BUY IT
Movie was excellent in the theaters and it's going to be awesome on blu ray
Old 05-17-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkapur View Post
Hey guys,
I know 20th Century Fox is slow in giving review copies but is there an ETA on a Deadpool review? It's a movie I have not yet seen. I use your reviews to gauge whether to buy blu rays or not. Thanks.
It's a pretty great release, I'm sure someone (I can't remember who drew the short stick, it wasn't me, though, don't have an UHD setup yet ) is hard at work on it for both Blu-ray and UHD. I'd heard of some people having a difficult time locating UHD, so maybe that has something to do with it since we're trying to have reviews for both formats up when they're made available at the same time as was the case with this release? Don't rightly know, just spitballing. I don't think you'd be too disappointed for jumping after it unless you haven't seen the film and don't particularly like Ryan Reynolds! Then you may want to wait. Appreciate your patience and for being cool cats while we sort all this out.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:49 PM

Loved it the first time, saw it opening weekend.....second viewing at home, I liked it, most everything I laughed at wasnt as funny the 2nd time around, I thought for sure this would be a very quotable comedy flick and while there certainly are some lines that are great and things that still made me laugh, it definitely came down a notch after a repeat viewing so I'm not sure whether more viewings will do it any more justice or not, my favorite part where Deadpool attacks Colossus is still great though

As for the disc, its a good package, picture looked great and the sound was too, not disappointed in that regard