'TMNT' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-08-2007, 12:14 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'TMNT' - High-Def Digest review

Just posted Kenneth's review of 'TMNT.' While the film has its issues, he says it boasts some of the finest animated fight scenes and CG animation he's seen in a long time. Likewise, this Blu-ray release is a technical wonder with an excellent video transfer and an impressive Dolby TrueHD audio mix.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/901/tmnt.html
Old 08-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

Oh yes! I'm getting this in the mail this week! Thought the movie was a good restart for the turtles. The score for the film seems a bit high, it was slightly flawed with some saturday morning type story telling (those monsters and the villian were truly lackluster.) But the fab foursome are treated well and the CGI was spectacular. Can't believe this film only cost 45 mil to make. Goes to show ya that perhaps other studios are spending way too much.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowthyself View Post
Oh yes! I'm getting this in the mail this week! Thought the movie was a good restart for the turtles. The score for the film seems a bit high, it was slightly flawed with some saturday morning type story telling (those monsters and the villian were truly lackluster.) But the fab foursome are treated well and the CGI was spectacular. Can't believe this film only cost 45 mil to make. Goes to show ya that perhaps other studios are spending way too much.

I just ordered this yesterday as a blind buy from amazon, thanks for posting the review as it looks like this will be blind buy to be happy about.
I can't wait to see this.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:28 PM

I will get this sometime this month.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:38 PM

I got it yesterday. It looks great. Good flick as well.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:59 PM

Default No Chapter Selection :(

Love the movie, super happy to have the disc... but really bummed there's no easy chapter selection on the Bluray disc. This wasn't mentioned in the review (or at least I didn't see it when I skimmed)... is there a chapter selection on the HD-DVD?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:31 PM

If you access the pop-up menu you can select the langauge, scene selection, and special features.

As for the video review, I'm gonna have to disagree w/ the nitpicking. Happy Feet was chock full of compression artifacts, e.g. color banding, as well and recieved a full 5 stars. This title was much less prevalent and recieved 4 1/2 stars? This title is astonishing to look at and the TrueHD track perfectly rounds out the complete A/V candy this one is.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:24 PM

Maybe a blind buy. I dont know. Probably more for my kids than for myself.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:32 PM

Default No Pop-Up Menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LembasBread View Post
If you access the pop-up menu you can select the langauge, scene selection, and special features.
When I try to access the pop-up menu, my PS3 prompts me with a notice that no pop-up menu exists. When I hit Top Menu on my controller, it just takes me to the Special Features screen.

Is there something wrong w/ my DVD??
Old 08-08-2007, 06:26 PM

If you're watching the DVD, then yeah there's no pop up menu. But on the BD you should be able to access the pop up menu via the pop up menu button. If it's not working, then I would consider exchanging it for another copy.