'Joy' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-12-2016, 02:20 PM

Default 'Joy' - High-Def Digest Review

Shannon has reviewed 'Joy'. He says this is a rental. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/33275/joy.html
Old 05-12-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
Shannon has reviewed 'Joy'. He says this is a rental. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/33275/joy.html
I've been extremely disappointed with the timeliness (or lack thereof, is a better way to put it) of HDD's new release reviews, in recent months. HDD used to be dependable. I used to bank on HDD always having new release reviews up, prior to release date. 'Joy' came out at least two weeks ago. We're already a couple of days past the release of 'Deadpool', and still no release. The 4K releases are taking about a month. Is there a reason for this? It's really frustrating.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew18 View Post
I've been extremely disappointed with the timeliness (or lack thereof, is a better way to put it) of HDD's new release reviews, in recent months. HDD used to be dependable. I used to bank on HDD always having new release reviews up, prior to release date. 'Joy' came out at least two weeks ago. We're already a couple of days past the release of 'Deadpool', and still no release. The 4K releases are taking about a month. Is there a reason for this? It's really frustrating.
Fox is the culprit. If you look again, you'll see the
timeliness issue has a consistent pattern. F-Fox!
Old 05-12-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcharger View Post
Fox is the culprit. If you look again, you'll see the
timeliness issue has a consistent pattern. F-Fox!
Ahh... Good point!

Yes! Eff Fox!!! Eff them all to hell! ... Not only for failure to provide timely review copies, but for lack of Dolby Atmos; even on 4K UHD, and a plethora of other things!!!
Old 05-12-2016, 03:43 PM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
It's not our fault...it's the studios. I didn't get Joy until after street date and Fox didn't send us (as yet) the UltraHD version at all. Some studios (Warners, Shout Factory) are very good about getting us stuff in advance, while others are not. Sometimes we even have to pick up titles on our own to get coverage to you.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonNutt View Post
It's not our fault...it's the studios. I didn't get Joy until after street date and Fox didn't send us (as yet) the UltraHD version at all. Some studios (Warners, Shout Factory) are very good about getting us stuff in advance, while others are not. Sometimes we even have to pick up titles on our own to get coverage to you.
Can someone advise why Fox is an for HDD but not other sites?
Old 05-13-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopkiwi View Post
Can someone advise why Fox is an for HDD but not other sites?
I was actually going to follow up with this question. It seems like the other sites are getting Fox titles, before release day. I just don't like/trust any of them, like I do HDD.

I also went and looked through all of the recent new releases, and HDD isn't only having a problem with Fox titles. They're having a problem with a lot of new releases.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I was actually going to follow up with this question. It seems like the other sites are getting Fox titles, before release day. I just don't like/trust any of them, like I do HDD.

I also went and looked through all of the recent new releases, and HDD isn't only having a problem with Fox titles. They're having a problem with a lot of new releases.
Maybe because HDD are more "critical" of their reviews?

I also prefer HDD's reviews over many other sites. I actually rarely go to other sites anymore.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:10 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
ie: No ass-kissing reviews but rather tell it like it is? Imagine!
Old 05-15-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post

I also prefer HDD's reviews over many other sites. I actually rarely go to other sites anymore.
Ralph Potts at AVS does great reviews, as do a few blu-ray.com. Plus HDD are the only 3 sites I bother reading.