Berserk: The Golden Age Arc Movie Collection on Blu-ray June 7 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-11-2016, 06:56 PM

Default Berserk: The Golden Age Arc Movie Collection on Blu-ray June 7

Pre-orders are live:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3368...ollection.html
Old 05-11-2016, 07:38 PM

Good thing I haven't bought these yet. As a long time fan of the series - both the original Anime and the manga - the films are ok. I don't think the animation is the best out there, but I think it's a good jumping on point for people who haven't seen the original. I think it glosses over some of the drama to give the general idea. This can lead to some confusion and unclear motivations. I also think the two later films dabble too closely to Hentai. Though, this material is in the manga, the anime wisely cut it out. Instead, just allowing the story to be focused on the important parts. The original 97 anime does a lot to edit the manga in a lot of the right ways.

Now, I highly recommend this if you've seen the original Anime, but haven't read the manga. As, I would use the 3rd film as a means of getting some needed closure. The story still continues long after that point...but it at least feeds you with a better sense of what is going to happen, instead of just cutting off at the point of climax.

Still, I'll probably nab this release.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:37 AM

Been waiting for a set of the three like this. I haven't seen them, but with the announcement they are finally going to continue the story, this feels like the time to finally do so.