Gladiator on Blu-ray? - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Gladiator on Blu-ray?

I saw this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P5FH4E?...&link_code=as3
Now that Dreamworks is partnered with Paramount, can we expect ALL Dreamworks titles to be neutral releases?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:11 PM

oops, did a search and it seems the answer is yes.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:34 PM

Sweet, i had this same question. Gladiator is one of my favorites and will definitely be picking this one up!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:50 PM

Star Trek is currently HD DVD exclusive (announced), so not 100 percent yes.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
Star Trek is currently HD DVD exclusive (announced), so not 100 percent yes.
It was clarified at comic-con that a Blu-ray version is in the works.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrob View Post
It was clarified at comic-con that a Blu-ray version is in the works.
Good to hear! Would you happen to have a link to a transcript of the statement or any other report mentioning it?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie-Wan View Post
Good to hear! Would you happen to have a link to a transcript of the statement or any other report mentioning it?
Yeah...I would like to see that too.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:41 AM

Here's the link and an excerpt: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa140.html

"Anyway, it should be noted that, all through this panel, those on stage referred to HD-DVD and "the other format." But they never indicated whether a Blu-ray Disc was being planned, and never actually mentioned Blu-ray by name. Inevitably, someone in the audience finally asked them directly about Blu-ray Disc during the Q&A session that followed (and, interestingly, there was a smattering of cheers and applause from the audience when the question was raised). The panelists admitted that one was currently "under consideration," presumably for 2008. They also revealed that Seasons Two and Three were expected to start production this week. They further revealed that tests had been done for a possible future Star Trek: The Next Generation - Remastered effort. But here's what WASN'T announced during the panel, and I can understand why (because it may have started a riot among the Trek fans in attendance): The price tag for just Season One alone is currently set to be a whopping $217, and there's no separate DVD-only release planned! No, I'm not kidding. $217 for just a single season on ten discs!! And it doesn't include the original versions of the episodes - just DVD and HD versions of the remastered episodes. Are they INSANE?!"
Old 08-08-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Here's the link and an excerpt: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa140.html

"Anyway, it should be noted that, all through this panel, those on stage referred to HD-DVD and "the other format." But they never indicated whether a Blu-ray Disc was being planned, and never actually mentioned Blu-ray by name. Inevitably, someone in the audience finally asked them directly about Blu-ray Disc during the Q&A session that followed (and, interestingly, there was a smattering of cheers and applause from the audience when the question was raised). The panelists admitted that one was currently "under consideration," presumably for 2008. They also revealed that Seasons Two and Three were expected to start production this week. They further revealed that tests had been done for a possible future Star Trek: The Next Generation - Remastered effort. But here's what WASN'T announced during the panel, and I can understand why (because it may have started a riot among the Trek fans in attendance): The price tag for just Season One alone is currently set to be a whopping $217, and there's no separate DVD-only release planned! No, I'm not kidding. $217 for just a single season on ten discs!! And it doesn't include the original versions of the episodes - just DVD and HD versions of the remastered episodes. Are they INSANE?!"
Thanks for the link. $217!!!!! I dont like Star Trek THAT much!! They are insane. I will be passing on this one BIG TIME.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I'd read that. It doesn't confirm one is being worked on, though, only that it's "under consideration." Thanks, though.
Closed Thread