Amazon purposefully slows down shipping when... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Banned

Default Amazon purposefully slows down shipping when...

....you buy a blu-ray + 10% off + free shipping = Almost two weeks for movie to arrive.

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:21 PM

from my own experience, if you choose free shipping, they always place your order below people who chose standard shipping. i think people who chose free shipping have a lower priority which is why it probably takes longer. this isn't to BD movies only, i've had this happen with video games and DVDs.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:22 PM

nope, use free shipping all the time, and i usually always get the discs on the day of release.

The do openly state that shipping order is determined by Prime... Prime customers get shipped first.

I am using Prime and my blu-ray pre-orders start shipping soon on sunday night.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiK View Post
from my own experience, if you choose free shipping, they always place your order below people who chose standard shipping. i think people who chose free shipping have a lower priority which is why it probably takes longer. this isn't to BD movies only, i've had this happen with video games and DVDs.
From time to time I would have something arrive really quickly even with free shipping. Now it never happens. I could usually gamble on how long it would take to arrive, mostly it wouldn't take too long. Now it seems to have slowed down to a crawl. It seems rather blatant.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
nope, use free shipping all the time, and i usually always get the discs on the day of release.
huh? do you mean they ship it out on release day or you received it on that very day?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:35 PM

Yeah I definitely think they're slowing it down to get people to subscribe to Amazon Prime. Stuff used to always ship with Super Saver Shipping before the release date and now it's weeks afterward. Every pre-order I currently have there has a SHIP DATE (not even receive date) about two weeks after the street date.

Oh well, I'll wait the extra time to save $5-$10 shipping.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:39 PM

I used to have no problems with their free shipping. Things would ship the day after I ordered them. Then I did their free trial for Amazon prime, and cancelled it before my free month was up. The next few things I ordered took weeks before they shipped despite being listed as in stock.

The last time it happened I sent them a nast email, and the product was shipped out that afternoon.

I haven't ordered from Amazon since.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiK View Post
huh? do you mean they ship it out on release day or you received it on that very day?
I'm a Prime customer also. Moonraker is right. We receive them on release day, sometimes, for me, on Wednesday since I live in Texas.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahoward View Post
Yeah I definitely think they're slowing it down to get people to subscribe to Amazon Prime. Stuff used to always ship with Super Saver Shipping before the release date and now it's weeks afterward. Every pre-order I currently have there has a SHIP DATE (not even receive date) about two weeks after the street date.

Oh well, I'll wait the extra time to save $5-$10 shipping.
yea, the obvious clue would be the "estimated shipping date" and "estimated delivery date" in your orders. they change widely depending on your shipping method.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
I'm a Prime customer also. Moonraker is right. We receive them on release day, sometimes, for me, on Wednesday since I live in Texas.
wow, pretty good service.