'True Detective: The Complete Second Season' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2016, 01:26 PM

Default 'True Detective: The Complete Second Season' - High-Def Digest Review

Steven Cohen has reviewed 'True Detective: The Complete Second Season'. He says this is an uneven successor to the show's excellent first season. There's still some gripping TV here, but the engaging parts are tangled up in a disappointing abundance of listless incoherence… and men dressed in creepy bird masks. Read on for all the details...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2464...ondseason.html
Old 01-06-2016, 12:30 AM

"Listless Incoherence" is right. Season 2 was astoundingly undercooked and probably embarrassed the numerous talented people involved.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:16 AM

I hate watched the hell out of this season.

I was simultaneously entertained and dumbfounded with every episode.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 01-06-2016, 10:41 AM

I wanted to love this - I kept watching, thinking it would get better and other than that big shootout sequence in episode 4, it just kept getting worse and worse. Hard to believe there was such a drop-off in quality from one season to the next, but I guess that's the potential pitfall in an anthology series like this.