'Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-25-2015, 12:53 PM

Default 'Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation' - High-Def Digest Review

Michael S. Palmer has reviewed 'Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation'. He says this is another fun chapter in the series. This Blu-ray features very strong video, aggressive Dolby Atmos audio, and a few special features. Highly Recommended!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2460...guenation.html
Old 11-25-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
Michael S. Palmer has reviewed 'Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation'. He says this is another fun chapter in the series. This Blu-ray features very strong video, aggressive Dolby Atmos audio, and a few special features. Highly Recommended!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2460...guenation.html
The video portion of the review is utterly bizarre. I saw this film in IMAX, three times (twice in a genuine IMAX, and once in a digital IMAX). It never featured a shifting aspect ratio for any scene.

Palmer, I think you're confusing Rogue Nation with Ghost Protocol. Rogue Nation does not contain any IMAX footage.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Aw, shit. Fixing.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:59 PM

can't wait to get my copy!
Old 11-25-2015, 03:58 PM

I liked it in the theater and will pick it up on BD as well. The series overall has been pretty excellent, well, maybe not 2. I feel that one was a mistake overall, but 3 corrected it and 4/5 have been awesome.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
I liked it in the theater and will pick it up on BD as well. The series overall has been pretty excellent, well, maybe not 2. I feel that one was a mistake overall, but 3 corrected it and 4/5 have been awesome.
Agree completely. MI2 was such a drastic deviation from the first, I think we're lucky the franchise continued after that one. Overall this is a solid franchise, better than Bond has been.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Overall this is a solid franchise, better than Bond has been.
Think so? Let's see if it survives another nineteen or so movies. Even given its erratic history, the Bond franchise remains the benchmark for spy movies and has survived remarkably well...
Old 11-25-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
My man CD didn't even mention #2 - obviously because it never existed.
I too loved 3 and 4.
CD knows what I'm talking about
Old 11-25-2015, 08:45 PM

2 is simultaneously my favorite and least favorite of the franchise.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 11-25-2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Agree completely. MI2 was such a drastic deviation from the first, I think we're lucky the franchise continued after that one. Overall this is a solid franchise, better than Bond has been.
I think the last 2 movies have been better than the 2 most recent Bond movies. I know Skyfall is pretty popular but I wasn't all that big on it. I also think Rogue Nation was better than Spectre this year.
Overall, I think the Bond franchise is pretty solid and I really like Daniel Craig, but I am digging the whole team aspect of Mission Impossible.
It's also funny that both movies this year (Rogue Nation and Spectre) both brought back criminal organizations from their past (obviously Spectre in Bond and The Syndicate in MI)