'The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-23-2015, 05:27 PM

Default 'The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki'. Here's what he thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2430...exclusive.html
Old 11-23-2015, 09:55 PM

Well dang.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:00 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Hardly seems like a "collected" work when they strip out all the features. That the hell were they thinking indeed?!? That alone would make me consider ignoring this release and simply filling in the blanks of the ones that I do not currently own.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Hardly seems like a "collected" work when they strip out all the features. That the hell were they thinking indeed?!? That alone would make me consider ignoring this release and simply filling in the blanks of the ones that I do not currently own.
It's a strange decision, to say the least.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 11-24-2015, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
This. The only ones I'm missing I don't even care much for as it is. So I've little reason to get this set even if it had all the bonus features of the single release.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:49 AM

Thanks for this review. I was considering getting this, but I think I'll just buy the individual movies I want in single release format.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:23 AM

The only reason I can think of is that they want to have the original releases to retain more value so as to encourage people to buy those when they come out. They do strip some features from their subsequent animated releases, don't they?
Old 11-24-2015, 12:04 PM

Were the bonus features in the individual releases even worthwhile? The couple that I checked out were mostly a bunch of fluffy crap about how much great fun the American actors had working on the English dubs.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:07 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
It's a strange decision, to say the least.
So to get Ponyo with lossless audio, spend $300 or acquire by alternate means. Already owning it with lossy audio sort of entitles me to a viewing license in HD
Old 11-24-2015, 07:34 PM

Agreed. It sucks we lose the bonus features, but there is nothing on there that is a must own compared to having real subtitles and the Miyazaki retirement conference.