Blockbuster lagging on blu-ray exchange - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-06-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Blockbuster lagging on blu-ray exchange

Blockbuster is really lagging on getting out their blu-ray discs for their Total Access mail program. I have 63 movies in my queue (all blu-ray) and at least 6 are "available" but they have not sent out a movie to me. It has been 5 days. Most of their blu-ray movies are short to long wait. Oh, and I don't see anything available in my top 25 on the queue.

Do you think they just misjudged the demand for these movies or is their delay to deliver deliberate? I have a very simple 3 movies a month plan but I always turn mine in at the local store for a free rental. I am seriously considering trying Netflix to see if they are faster and have more of the movies at the top of my queue.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:13 PM

I think they're going broke, and can't afford to buy too many copies of BR & HD movies.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:33 PM

Yeah, blockbuster is sucking for me to. Can anyone here comment on netflix and how good they're at getting out blu-ray movies?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

I think you need to contact customer service. Every couple of months they play theses games with me too...
Old 08-06-2007, 04:42 PM

I terminated with Blockbuster and went Netflix 2 weeks ago. My netflix queue has 40 Blu-ray's available, only two on a wait list. My Blockbuster queue had all titles on a short-wait. Just pathetic.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:37 PM

Yeah, it takes them days to send me mine as well. I might stick with online DVD rentals and just get the Blu-ray from the store. Unfortunately, the store is starting to run out of Blu-ray discs I haven't already rented.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:00 AM

I don't use the online method. I just pick them up at my local store. For me it works great because even though they seem to carry only 1 copy of each title, there are close to 80 titles to choose from.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:45 PM

I have had BB for a month now and it really sucks. When I left Netflix last month all the BD titles where available. I have only a few BD titles that are available in my BB queue now. The other thing that sucks about BB is that if you don't have available titles at the top of your queue they will skip a shipment, "to get you what you want", BS. Unlike Netflix where they would just send you the next available title. So make sure you move available titles to the top of your queue.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Banned

Wow, it seems to me that the big move by blockbuster to move more towards
blu ray is making more enemies than friends. I don't rent HD movies at all and I do use BB for std dvd's and they still don't get it right more often then not. I am thinking of dumping them myself.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:20 PM

I went to BB because of the Unlimited Total Access plan. You just can't compete with the savings. I have been a long time fan and user of Netflix and I am looking for any excuse to go back.
I would not recommend Blockbuster Online or B&M to anybody, since they have shelved there biggest selling point, Unlimited Total Access. It is now Limited, LOL.