If Sony released Spider-Man and X-Men to Marvel, how would you like to see... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-20-2015, 02:52 PM

Default If Sony released Spider-Man and X-Men to Marvel, how would you like to see...

...the franchises incorporated into the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

My thoughts:

Keep X-Men separate. Having an X-Men VS The Avengers VS The Sinister Six...or something like that...would just be character overkill. Though I'd love to see them try.

For Spider-Man, I think he has had WAY TOO MANY movies with his name attached, and most fans wouldn't realize that a Marvel released Spider-Man movie is any different than Sony's own reboot attempts, and then they would just roll their eyes and not bother seeing it.

Instead, they should just have Spider-Man as an unexpected part of one of the already planned Marvel movies. Perhaps even have his origin story woven into some other character's movie. I think we have reached Spider-Man overkill, hurting good will. Having him as a cameo in an already-anticipated Marvel film might actually draw a bigger crowd than a stand alone Spidey movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
If Sony owned X-Men, I'm sure they would have Fox over the barrel.
Arrrgghhh.

Okay okay, I should have remembered that...still, let's say both franchises were released back to Marvel...

:/

Last edited by NJScorpio; 11-20-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:01 PM

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Arrrgghhh.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:31 AM

Spider-Man is already making a cameo in Civil War, he's already been cast and stand alone films are coming later down the road. But Sony still owns the rights to the films but Marvel worked the deal to help them make them now and have him be a part of the MCU.

X-Men I could care less really, most of the films were fine back in the day but even Days of Future past isnt one I want to rewatch that often and I'm not too excited for Apocalypse anymore because I just dont think they will do anything right, not like Marvel might have done, Marvel films I've watched them all multiple times because they know how to do the characters right and bring in the right people to make great fun films, something with the X-Men has never felt right since X2, even when Singer returned to do DOFP it didnt feel that great to me, it was a good movie and better than Origins and Last Stand of course but something just seems missing from this franchise and I would much rather have Marvel handling things because they really havent disappointed yet, even their "bad" films like the first Captain America are way better than half of the X-Men franchise
Old 11-21-2015, 07:17 PM

Of the billion superheroes movies slated for the next five years, 'Deadpool' is the only one that will for sure get my money. I don't think Marvel would consider backing a movie like that, seeing as they're more into kid-friendly pictures. So I guess I'm glad Fox has the rights.

As for the X-Men movies. I think Singer has beaten one story to death and he knows it. You know, the one where the American government wants to do some Nazi stuff to the mutants, Magento throws a fit to push them back, then Dr. X and his crew swoop in and calm him down? I think 'Days of Future Past' did that story one last time as a farwell to that era, but I think moving forward you're going to see them try new things with the series.

I hope for more self-contained smaller stories. Not stories where the fate of the mutant race is constantly on the line. Just stories that get resolved among a small group of characters. The solo Wolverine movies have tried to avoid the big social messages of the main series and focus on just being straight up action movies, and the results haven't been great. But that is more the direction I'd like to see. Just do a Steven Seagal movie, but with Wolverine. Do a 'Great Escape' movie, but with mutants. Stuff like that.