'Bad Boys/Bad Boys II' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-19-2015, 01:30 PM

Default 'Bad Boys/Bad Boys II' - High-Def Digest Review

Matthew has reviewed 'Bad Boys/Bad Boys II'. Action fans, this is recommended. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2615...badboysii.html
Old 11-19-2015, 02:03 PM

It's been a very long time since I saw the first 'Bad Boys'...I'm sure, due to cable TV, I've seen 'Bad Boys II' many more times, and more recently (10+ years). I totally get the criticisms about BBII...but I am a fan of those over the top Michael Bay action scenes (when they aren't Transformers or Turtles), so I'd be excited to rewatch both films. In fact, I think I SHOULD rewatch Bad Boys I, considering I didn't recall that it was significantly better than BBII.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
It's been a very long time since I saw the first 'Bad Boys'...I'm sure, due to cable TV, I've seen 'Bad Boys II' many more times, and more recently (10+ years). I totally get the criticisms about BBII...but I am a fan of those over the top Michael Bay action scenes (when they aren't Transformers or Turtles), so I'd be excited to rewatch both films. In fact, I think I SHOULD rewatch Bad Boys I, considering I didn't recall that it was significantly better than BBII.
For me it's the opposite. Bad Boys is on ALL the time on cable, I've seen it many times. It is WAY better than part 2. Bad Boys is rewatchable.

MIKE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWRY LOL
Old 11-19-2015, 04:14 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Now that 'Bad Boys' has reached its 20th Anniversary, Sony has seen fit to repackage the pair in a double pack.

So, was the first movie mastered in 4K during its last run? Indicating it is a repackage suggests as such.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:10 PM

I might finally write up my detailed reasoning for why Bad Boys II represents the five act structure. The movie is insane.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:14 PM

I prefer 2. It's just soooooo insanely over the top, but somehow it works. I would put The Rock as my favorite Bay flick but given the choice, i'd probably pick Bad Boys 2 to watch.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:58 AM

Wait...'Bad Boys' was Bay's first film? Wow. I mean, he very quickly got his confidence/style.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
Wait...'Bad Boys' was Bay's first film? Wow. I mean, he very quickly got his confidence/style.
Rewatch it and you'll see it's not really Bay's style as we know it today. Bad Boys and The Rock are both like imitation Tony Scott.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
Rewatch it and you'll see it's not really Bay's style as we know it today. Bad Boys and The Rock are both like imitation Tony Scott.
Thinking back to 'The Rock', which I've seen many, many times, I can see what you are saying.

As an aside...I don't know who here as played 'Halo 5' yet...but in the campaign, the action cut scenes are filled with over the top action that doesn't really jive with what you do during gameplay, and I totally thought to myself, "This is 'Michael Bay's Halo 5'..."