High-Def Digest's Holiday Gift Guide 2015: Blu-ray Movies and TV - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-17-2015, 01:46 PM

Default High-Def Digest's Holiday Gift Guide 2015: Blu-ray Movies and TV

High-Def Digest is here to help you get just the right gift for everyone on your list!

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...s-and-tv/27380
Old 11-17-2015, 02:06 PM

Just ordered Rogue Nation from Target. Special edition with some booklet and a $5 promo card when you pre order. I was going to get the Best Buy one but don't really need the extra content.

I can vouch for the Flash. Watched the first season recently on Netflix. I have to say, I really liked what they did with this show!
Old 11-17-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Just ordered Rogue Nation from Target. Special edition with some booklet and a $5 promo card when you pre order. I was going to get the Best Buy one but don't really need the extra content.

I can vouch for the Flash. Watched the first season recently on Netflix. I have to say, I really liked what they did with this show!
The Flash was a great show, season 2 is holding together really well. It's a shame WB won't change their mind and make this Flash the official one for the movies too. They got it right here.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
The Flash was a great show, season 2 is holding together really well. It's a shame WB won't change their mind and make this Flash the official one for the movies too. They got it right here.
Yes I'm enjoying Season 2 as well.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:31 PM

I was worried that it might be a One Season Wonder but thankfully that's not the case!
Old 11-17-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
It's a shame WB won't change their mind and make this Flash the official one for the movies too. They got it right here.
Yeah, that seems like a dumb move to me. Yet another origin film? Ughhhhh...
Old 11-17-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
Yeah, that seems like a dumb move to me. Yet another origin film? Ughhhhh...
If it's not an origin movie, they're essentially doing what Superman Returns did with Smallville, I can't count the number of people that asked me how the two were related and then got confused when I said they weren't. Too many versions of a hero just gets confusing after awhile. That's where I'm glad Gotham has decided to leave Batman out of the fold for the time being.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:17 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Did Matthew see into my brain? A large number of these titles are either already in my collection, on order or near the top of my wish list. A nice collection for the common videophile.

I will say use caution with Lampoon's Xmas Vacation. The audio suffered a bit on this one. The first 5 minutes or so were horrible. Sometimes the pro-logic had the sound cutting in and out on the center or surround channels. It is supposed to be 2.0 surround, perhaps Warner could have properly mastered it into s true 5.0?
Old 11-18-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Did Matthew see into my brain? A large number of these titles are either already in my collection, on order or near the top of my wish list. A nice collection for the common videophile.

I will say use caution with Lampoon's Xmas Vacation. The audio suffered a bit on this one. The first 5 minutes or so were horrible. Sometimes the pro-logic had the sound cutting in and out on the center or surround channels. It is supposed to be 2.0 surround, perhaps Warner could have properly mastered it into s true 5.0?
Oh really? Yikes! I've got my eye on it for some personal Black Friday shopping since I never made the Blu-ray leap for that title, I'll still jump if the price is right, but thanks for the heads up on the sound.

This was a heck of a year for great Blu-ray releases IMO. There were so many great new titles as well as fun and exciting catalog releases, it was hard to contain this list. It just kept balooning and expanding until it became the monster that it is.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:41 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Clarification - Lampoon's Xmas - First five minutes sounding like it was playing in a sewer pipe. The Prologic cutting in and out was during the whole movie.

It's still a great movie and a must watch this time of year.