Bluray Special Features- Reference - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-12-2015, 02:23 PM

Red face Bluray Special Features- Reference

Hey guys,

I run a website that indexes the special features on various releases of Blurays/DVDs (including retailer exclusives) and presents them in a matrix that makes it easy for you to see which extras are available on which releases. There are nearly 2500 titles indexed at the moment. If you (like me) are always checking to see if a retailer exclusive, catalog Bluray release, or double dip has any new special features to offer, the site is a good reference.

I hope you find the site useful.

http://www.dvddoubledip.com/
Old 11-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Sounds like a neat idea.
Post edited to include the link
Old 11-13-2015, 08:20 AM

Perhaps I'm blind to finding the info on the site. But it
appears that only the name/title of the bonus feature
is listed.

Knowing whether that bonus feature is 15 minutes or
150 minutes matters. And if the bonus feature is
included on the DVD, blu-ray, 3D blu-ray, or on a
streaming digital code; all that matters.

Looking at Terminator Genisys:
http://www.dvddoubledip.com/titles/t/terminator5.html
The exclusive from Best Buy looks like it "only" has 2
extra bonus features. Doesn't sound significant. But
the runtime of those 2 is actually longer than the main
feature.

Just some suggestions.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:02 AM

The bonus feature is listed under the disc/version on which it appears (Bluray, DVD, etc.). When a title is released with a box set and bonus disc, usually the disc is listed with the media type. So something like "NAME OF THE BONUS DISC" Bluray or "NAME OF THE BONUS DISC" DVD. Digital extras are indicated as such (VUDU, DisneyMoviesAnywhere, etc.). That being said, there are many titles and the site has evolved over time so there may be cases where this is not true and I am happy to fix any that I am made aware of. I am currently going through and looking for such things but there are many titles and it takes time so if you spot anything feel free to let me know so I can get to it right away.

As for the running time. You make an excellent point especially as it applies to retailer exclusive discs since acquiring that disc requires purchasing that specific version. There are those who would probably like to see if that version is worth the money/effort. I'm going to work on getting that done.

Question for you (or for anyone else): Do you think it is makes sense to only list the runtime for those features that are included on discs that are not part of the standard release (retailer exclusive discs, features on box set bonus discs, etc.) or would you like to see the runtime for all features?

If it is for all features then I am thinking an approximate runtime would make more sense as sometimes when the same feature is seen across different releases there are slight variations in length due to longer pauses between deleted scenes, more/less logos, etc.

I welcome all your suggestions.

Thank you
Old 11-18-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvddoubledip View Post
The bonus feature is listed under the disc/version on which it appears (Bluray, DVD, etc.). When a title is released with a box set and bonus disc, usually the disc is listed with the media type. So something like "NAME OF THE BONUS DISC" Bluray or "NAME OF THE BONUS DISC" DVD. Digital extras are indicated as such (VUDU, DisneyMoviesAnywhere, etc.). That being said, there are many titles and the site has evolved over time so there may be cases where this is not true and I am happy to fix any that I am made aware of. I am currently going through and looking for such things but there are many titles and it takes time so if you spot anything feel free to let me know so I can get to it right away.

As for the running time. You make an excellent point especially as it applies to retailer exclusive discs since acquiring that disc requires purchasing that specific version. There are those who would probably like to see if that version is worth the money/effort. I'm going to work on getting that done.

Question for you (or for anyone else): Do you think it is makes sense to only list the runtime for those features that are included on discs that are not part of the standard release (retailer exclusive discs, features on box set bonus discs, etc.) or would you like to see the runtime for all features?

If it is for all features then I am thinking an approximate runtime would make more sense as sometimes when the same feature is seen across different releases there are slight variations in length due to longer pauses between deleted scenes, more/less logos, etc.

I welcome all your suggestions.

Thank you
Generally, the more information the better. So if you included
the runtime for EVERY bonus feature, that would be nice to know.

But if the goal is to decide on double-dipping, the name of the
website, then of course the more important info would be the
runtime of the EXCLUSIVE bonus features.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:31 AM

Thanks for the feedback timcharger. Yes, I agree about the runtimes. I am a completist so I almost always will pickup a release with a new feature regardless of runtime but I know others like to see if the additional features will actually be significant.

Once I decided to include the retailer exclusive runtimes I figured I might as well just include all the runtimes (when possible). That's quite an undertaking though and I have a few other improvements in the pipeline so while I expect to include the runtime, it may be awhile. In the meantime if you (or anyone else) wants to know the runtime for a specific feature you can always send me a message and I will get it for you if I can.