'Jem and the Holograms' is up for preorder - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-09-2015, 01:21 PM

Default 'Jem and the Holograms' is up for preorder

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2752...holograms.html
Old 11-10-2015, 08:33 AM

I'm actually intrigued enough that I may go for it when it's in the discount bin, Jem was such a part of the 80's that I was stunned to hear how bad the movie was, very much a Josie and the Pussycats redux as far as a movie reboot that didn't get much right.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I'm actually intrigued enough that I may go for it when it's in the discount bin, Jem was such a part of the 80's that I was stunned to hear how bad the movie was, very much a Josie and the Pussycats redux as far as a movie reboot that didn't get much right.
I saw it on a prescreening and I was pleasantly surprised by it. I think it would be a great movie for my teen nieces. The movie has a good message and I liked the techy aspect with Synergy.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:07 AM

and it's the biggest bomb of all time; first wide movie actually PULLED by Universal from screens after 2 weeks. wow.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
and it's the biggest bomb of all time; first wide movie actually PULLED by Universal from screens after 2 weeks. wow.
It's far from the biggest bomb of all time. The movie only had a budget of $5 million. Even if literally not one single ticket had been sold, it would still be less of a bomb than, say, Heaven's Gate or Mars Needs Moms, both of which actually toppled film studios.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
It's far from the biggest bomb of all time. The movie only had a budget of $5 million. Even if literally not one single ticket had been sold, it would still be less of a bomb than, say, Heaven's Gate or Mars Needs Moms, both of which actually toppled film studios.
You left out Titan A.E. that killed it's parent division