'John Carpenter's Vampires' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-05-2015, 03:10 PM

Default 'John Carpenter's Vampires' - High-Def Digest Review

Matthew has reviewed 'John Carpenter's Vampires'. He says Twilight Time has put in a solid effort to bring the best quality version of the film possible to disc and the video transfer shows. This Blu-ray is recommended. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2499...svampires.html
Old 11-05-2015, 05:22 PM

Definitely been anticipating an upgrade for this one from DVD. I always enjoyed this movie, it's nothing spectacular, but pretty fun.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:40 PM

I've no doubt this will be the same presentation as the French release I got last year. Eat it Twilight.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
I've no doubt this will be the same presentation as the French release I got last year. Eat it Twilight.
Actually it isn't - that's why the title was delayed so Sony could go in and correct those apparent color timing and edit issues. I don't have that disc to compare but from everything I understand of it, this new transfer restores the film to its proper theatrical presentation.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:23 PM

Well shit... Guess I'm ordering it then lol. The Carpenter code demands it, and I just love this movie. Vamps are proper rip yer head off and drink the blood fountain type vamps, and Woods' inexplicably harsh treatment of the chick and the priest lol.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Well shit... Guess I'm ordering it then lol. The Carpenter code demands it, and I just love this movie. Vamps are proper rip yer head off and drink the blood fountain type vamps, and Woods' inexplicably harsh treatment of the chick and the priest lol.
Yeah, I'd forgotten how much woods was a complete dick to everyone - in a good way! Even when the priest is saving his life at the end he's still giving him crap. From everything I've read about this release, though, it's a more accurate presentation of the original theatrical cut - apparently there were some edits? Maybe you can speak to that since I don't have a region free player I could only look on with jealous eyes as everyone else in the world got to enjoy this one...until now! Muwahahahaha!
Old 11-06-2015, 08:55 AM

I so want this. LOVED this movie
Old 11-06-2015, 09:59 AM

As much as I love this movie, I cant find it in me to pay Twilight Time any money for this....$30 for a catalog title most people forgot about? 5000 units is stupid and I'll just wait till it hits discount Bluray like Christine did, because it probably will eventually since its a Carpenter film
Old 11-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Maybe so, but Amazon.fr has obscene shipping rates.
TT utilizes whatever resources they can at a negotiated rate, and I highly doubt they have executives burning hundred dollar bills instead of cigars.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:55 AM

What are the chances this gets a future release and sold out on ScreenArchives?