Upcoming Dolby Atmos Blu-ray Releases (And All of the Atmos Titles Released Already) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-04-2015, 12:47 PM

Default Upcoming Dolby Atmos Blu-ray Releases (And All of the Atmos Titles Released Already)

Here's a handy list of Dolby Atmos titles coming to Blu-ray between now and the holidays. As well as a recap of all the Atmos titles on Blu-ray right now.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...ight-now/27283
Old 11-04-2015, 01:36 PM

Very nice resource! Didn't realize Roger Waters: The Wall will be in Atmos, just preordered!

Anyone know a good resource for Atmos titles from other regions? They are out there, I got Metallica: Through the Never from Germany with Atmos.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
Very nice resource! Didn't realize Roger Waters: The Wall will be in Atmos, just preordered!

Anyone know a good resource for Atmos titles from other regions? They are out there, I got Metallica: Through the Never from Germany with Atmos.
https://rogerwaters.com/sde/

This super deluxe edition (see link) is currently $500!
Old 11-04-2015, 02:57 PM

Hehe nice. If that set were $300 cheaper I might actually consider it. $500 is nuts, and they aren't even signed!
Old 11-04-2015, 04:01 PM

Thank you for this wonderful list.

Is there a technical reason why more theatrical Atmos releases aren't getting the same treatment on Blu-ray? The lack of Atmos for Inside Out's otherwise excellent BR release has been a disappointment.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmacejewski View Post
Is there a technical reason why more theatrical Atmos releases aren't getting the same treatment on Blu-ray? The lack of Atmos for Inside Out's otherwise excellent BR release has been a disappointment.
There's no technical reason. It's all about studio politics. The assumption is that Disney is either holding out for DTS:X or for UltraHD Blu-ray before diving into immersive audio on home video.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:47 PM

It doesn't make sense that The Hobbit films weren't relased on Atmos BD, especially since they were mastered in 2k and won't get a huge (easily marketable) benefit from a UHDBD release. But then again, I'm sure it's another reason to make consumers double dip.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

This Roger Waters release is probably a trick. Although a large part of Pink Floyd, this disc is likely going to lack the oomph the original Wall had.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
There's no technical reason. It's all about studio politics. The assumption is that Disney is either holding out for DTS:X or for UltraHD Blu-ray before diving into immersive audio on home video.
Thanks for the reply. It's a major bummer that studio politics are resulting in compromised discs.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedram View Post
It doesn't make sense that The Hobbit films weren't relased on Atmos BD, especially since they were mastered in 2k and won't get a huge (easily marketable) benefit from a UHDBD release. But then again, I'm sure it's another reason to make consumers double dip.
Indeed, I preordered the extended 3D set but cancelled it 20 minutes later. Haven't bought a single Hobbit release and don't intend to unless it's in Atmos, just don't like them enough to buy more than once.