'Terminator: Genisys' and 'Terminator: Genisys - 3D' - High-Def Digest Reviews - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-03-2015, 02:55 PM

Default 'Terminator: Genisys' and 'Terminator: Genisys - 3D' - High-Def Digest Reviews

Luke has reviewed 'Terminator: Genisys' and 'Terminator: Genisys - 3D'. Here's what he thought...

Terminator: Genisys:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2328...orgenisys.html

Terminator: Genisys - 3D
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2328...genisys3d.html
Old 11-03-2015, 03:24 PM

"I've found that home theater 3D works much better with a 1.78:1 or 1.85:1 aspect ratio."

I agree with the reviewer making this statement but was called crazy when I made this post a year ago, and it's the main reason I'm getting a bigger tv so I can see more 3D in widescreen movies. Trying to pick up a 65 or 70 " 4K tv next year
Old 11-03-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
"I've found that home theater 3D works much better with a 1.78:1 or 1.85:1 aspect ratio."

I agree with the reviewer making this statement but was called crazy when I made this post a year ago, and it's the main reason I'm getting a bigger tv so I can see more 3D in widescreen movies. Trying to pick up a 65 or 70 " 4K tv next year
65"+ or BUST for me on my next TV.

" Instead of the balls entering its flesh and revealing the metallic exoskeleton, they spark when they hit the skin and don't cause any damage. As dumb as that nitpick may be"

That's AWFUL, IMO. F*CK making this a PG-13 movie.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:18 PM

2.35:1 96" projection screen viewed from 8ft away creates a better immersive effect than 16:9 75" viewed (also) from 8ft away. It's projector or bust
Old 11-03-2015, 08:41 PM

This movie gets such varying reviews across every site. Some give 1, others give it a solid 4. Personally I really enjoyed it. Be interesting to see where they take the series from here.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:56 PM

What's the added content on the Best Buy exclusive?

Thanks
Old 11-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

I agree with the reviewer making this statement but was called crazy when I made this post a year ago, and it's the main reason I'm getting a bigger tv so I can see more 3D in widescreen movies.
I would disagree with this statement to an extent. That's just like years ago saying that a 4:3 ratio is better for home viewing just because tvs were shaped that way. I see the point of making the comment because the image is so much bigger and you have less "wasted" space but as a purist I want what it should be. And a 3D effect probably does require a much larger field. A 2.40:1 image does not bother me so long as that was the OAR.

Luke, are you saying the region coding is locked? Unusual for Paramount.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:33 PM

Agreed with it being the best of the franchise since the second one. This is to Terminator what Jurassic World is to JP. A poorly rendered CGI action fest with little character development but is one entertaining film and tries to do something new.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:22 PM

I'm hoping I like it more the second time around. I may be in the minority here but I did not like the "homage" to the first film. Instead of recreating scenes they should have reinserted as much of the the old footage cleaned up/remastered as possible. I have seen the first two hundreds of times and it was distracting:

Spoiler
to not see Bill Paxton as the punk, the homeless man's "bright light" line and the garbage truck driver cursing up a storm when the engine dies. all the scenes most of us could recite in our sleep.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:35 AM

I also enjoyed this one a lot and agree that it's the best since T2. I was kind of surprised to see how poorly it did at the box office. I know they had intended this to be the launching pad for another trilogy of movies, but given the low amounts it made, I'm not sure if they plan to continue the franchise. (although I guess it might have done better internationally than it did in the U.S.).