'The Fifth Element (4K Remaster with Dolby Atmos)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-02-2015, 06:24 PM

Default 'The Fifth Element (4K Remaster with Dolby Atmos)' - High-Def Digest Review

Michael S. Palmer has reviewed 'The Fifth Element (4K Remaster with Dolby Atmos)'. Here's what he thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2752...olbyatmos.html
Old 11-02-2015, 08:51 PM

I picked this up at Target for 14.99. The picture is more bright than the previous blu, but detail doesn't seem to be significantly upgraded. This one has bonus features that the previous version didn't have. I am not equipped with Atmos but I do have a 7.1 setup and it is a very nice upgrade in sound compared to the PCM track on the older disc. I didn't do any comparisons with the 5.1 TrueHd track though.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:14 AM

Ah The Fifth Element, or as I like to call it, Final Fantasy The Movie.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csm101 View Post
I picked this up at Target for 14.99.
This would be the remaster but not the digibook right?

Hey Palmer, I thought you were going to use Thejnc's side by sides?
Old 11-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
This would be the remaster but not the digibook right?

Hey Palmer, I thought you were going to use Thejnc's side by sides?
Wanted to keep that element separate because I didn't personally have the chance to watch both transfers. Not to say his thoughts or conclusions are in anyway inaccurate, but I'm not really in the business of reviewing screen grabs. But I did link to them in the review if anyone wants to see what he put together. Cheers.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:23 AM

Krawk,

Correct. The one I picked up is just the standard bluray case version.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:30 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Wanted to keep that element separate because I didn't personally have the chance to watch both transfers. Not to say his thoughts or conclusions are in anyway inaccurate, but I'm not really in the business of reviewing screen grabs. But I did link to them in the review if anyone wants to see what he put together. Cheers.
Yeah that assessment is fair enough. A link in the review would be handy for those that do not peruse that particular thread.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Yeah that assessment is fair enough. A link in the review would be handy for those that do not peruse that particular thread.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5066[/ATTACH]

Which is why I did do just that.
Attached Thumbnails
'The Fifth Element (4K Remaster with Dolby Atmos)' - High-Def Digest Review-fifthelement.jpg  
Old 11-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Thanks Palmer. The link did not show its usual off color to indicate a link so it was missed.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:44 PM

I just ordered this from amazon, but my copy isn't showing Atmos, just regular DD (not even TrueHD). I'm playing off a PS4 through an Onkyo TX-NR636. I've demoed Mockingjay and the receiver says Atmos with that one, but here it just showed regular DD 5.1. Anyone else having this issue? Is it possible I got a bad disc?