'Doctor Who : Dark Water / Death in Heaven - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-21-2015, 11:33 AM

Default 'Doctor Who : Dark Water / Death in Heaven - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'Doctor Who : Dark Water / Death in Heaven - 3D'. Here's what he thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2483...nheaven3d.html
Old 10-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Glad to see the movie itself rating ranked where it is. I am a mild (no not mild-mannered!) Dr. Who fan and was curious about this release. Enter the want list!
Old 10-21-2015, 04:04 PM

One of the ones I cancelled, but that was before I knew it had an ATMOS track. Doesn't look like I missed much. However, if the review gets updated as having a great ATMOS track, then maybe it'll change my mind..
Old 10-22-2015, 07:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
One of the ones I cancelled, but that was before I knew it had an ATMOS track. Doesn't look like I missed much. However, if the review gets updated as having a great ATMOS track, then maybe it'll change my mind..
I heard the Justin Bieber - Never Say Never blu ray is coming out with ATMOS. Might wanna add that to your wishlist too.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by signia76 View Post
I heard the Justin Bieber - Never Say Never blu ray is coming out with ATMOS. Might wanna add that to your wishlist too.
I've skipped several ATMOS titles because they didn't fall into the category of films I like, and there's no way in hell I would buy a Bieber film. I wouldn't even watch it if you gave it to me for free. Really, most of the ATMOS soundstracks aren't well mixed at all, IMO. Hopefully as time goes on, directors and sound techs will do it better. They now have something to live up to, with films like Mad Max: Fury Road and Gravity out there now.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:14 AM

There is really no point in buying this one, especially if you are a Who fan and probably buying the whole season. I usually wait a bit and can get the whole season imported for $35-$40 or something, the US prices are ridiculous and seem to hardly ever drop, I've bought everything since Tenant did the set of movies before he left....still waiting for the individual seasons to hit of the earlier stuff that are only in the huge box set. But it kind of sucks that they are doing more individual titles now, like the last Christmas episode isnt included in the season box set, its a separate release now, wasnt the case for the past seasons and of course the Day of the Doctor got its own release as well since it was a special but I just wait a while and grab them when they get cheaper

Overall, I love Capaldi, he grew on me the fastest out of the bunch, the current season has been awesome so far.....but I'm a big fan and really enjoy every episode as I dont feel the show has really lost anything since Moffat took over